• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coonan357

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Just below the panhandle of Texas
    So our Marlin 1894 .44 Mag hit the floor and popped off the front sight hood. No problem there as it pops right back on with a bit of bending to make it tight.
    However, the rear sight didn't fare as well. I've searched and searched but cannot find just the leaf. Is it available anywhere just by itself?
    I'm toying with the idea of going to an aperture sight and I've found a few that I could consider. I'd be interested to hear some opinions for pros and cons on aperture sights for a .44 Mag lever action.

Thanks in advance folks,

Scott

Attachments

• 20231112_095333.jpg
      20231112_095333.jpg
      219.8 KB · Views: 37

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    So our Marlin 1894 .44 Mag hit the floor and popped off the front sight hood. No problem there as it pops right back on with a bit of bending to make it tight.
    However, the rear sight didn't fare as well. I've searched and searched but cannot find just the leaf. Is it available anywhere just by itself?
    I'm toying with the idea of going to an aperture sight and I've found a few that I could consider. I'd be interested to hear some opinions for pros and cons on aperture sights for a .44 Mag lever action.

Thanks in advance folks,

Scott

I got rid of the factory sight and replaced with a Skinner peep long ago.... No regrets!

I did have to file the factory front sight slightly... not much of a big deal.

Most all of my iron sight rifles used for hunting have peeps.

Good luck!

Last edited:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    My 1894 has the XS rail and sights. I like it quite a bit. I went with the version that totally replaced the front sight base

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.

Thanks in advance folks,

Scott
    Rear aperture sight will draw your eye to the front sight. To me they work much better. When I had lever guns they all got aperture rears. However like everything else some just don't like them.

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    6556578c32394d481c88eb0170687eec.jpg

I put one of these on my 1895 and on one of my 94 Winchesters. Best price I’ve found was on Amazon. I use both of them for large bore lever action silhouettes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom