• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    sad......posting on facebook about starting a revolution, he didn't expect to get some attention? lol.....so many people getting into crap over facebook.....did they post his phone number too, lol? He could have easily said something stupid in the presence of the PD like "I just want to die" and then earned himself a stay for 72 hrs. I like how the 3 different agencies are back peddling though....."they did it," or "we were there to help them," etc.....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not just Facebook, posting such rants anywhere on the Internet is not only a bad idea, but will get a person a lot of unwanted attention. People mistakenly think they are anonymous on social media sites and forums, but it doesn't take much to track down who they really are especially when the are dumb enough to post something that is a violation of Federal law...

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Educate me. What law exactly did he break. He was not arrested. Someone pulled some strings and got him sent to the phych ward for 30 days as a lesson.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

That's some serious connections. Typically an emergency detention is 72 hours. Unless he decided to play games and kept talking stupid. But, they did force him to go.....

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    There are varous means by which a person can be held in an inpatien psychiatric ward. Depending on how long. I'm a little rusty, but if I remember correctly, an emergency detention for a day or so. Much longer requires a a judge. Generally only if the patient is suicidal.

I have not looked at the link, but I doubt it says the whole story.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    People are seriously stupid with some of the things they post on Facebook or any place on the internet.
    My daughter (40) has a friend that posted her count down for leaving to go to Hawaii..........................................when she got back her house was empty--even the stuff in the cabinets.
    Can't seem to find any sympathy for her.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Unless you break rule one, dont talk to the police you are GTT. Never say something illegal anyways, thats just stupid. They would have a hard time proving that you were the one that hit enter to send the information through the server. Freedom of speech isnt much these days. You say you hate the president, someone may come a knocking. WAIT, SOMEONE IS AT MY DOOR. BRB. lol

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Here's what I have to say about this....this guy was obviously calling for attention, and from the things that have been happening lately, I'd say his posts deserved some looking into. But on the other hand, holding someone against their will, without charging with a crime, is a violation of MANY rights, and sets a pretty dangerous precedent if they are now holding people against their will, uncontested. No miranda rights, no attorney, and no formal charges. Is he undergoing a psych eval or something?

Because I know they picked him up on Friday which means that unless they've determined he is mentally ill, they can't hold him longer than 72 hours, "legally". Of course the authorities are following the law less and less these days so the definition of the word "legal" is becoming pretty difficult to understand with each passing day. I read this guys posts and although they sounded pretty provocative (in a violent way), there was nothing on there that I saw as a DIRECT threat. Just saying, "start a revolution", without being more specific, is not enough to be considered a threat of violence. "Revolution" is a pretty vague word in itself.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    People are seriously stupid with some of the things they post on Facebook or any place on the internet.
    My daughter (40) has a friend that posted her count down for leaving to go to Hawaii..........................................when she got back her house was empty--even the stuff in the cabinets.
    Can't seem to find any sympathy for her.

Yep, that's pretty stupid. About as stupid as putting an "I support gun control" sign in front of your house. Actually maybe even worse.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    You are granted your natural God given right to free speech but you'd better watch what you say.

There are recognized and reasonable limits to freedom of speech, and a person should be held accountable for their words just as they are for their actions...

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    There are recognized and reasonable limits to freedom of speech, and a person should be held accountable for their words just as they are for their actions...

Yep. Kinda like gangster rappers literally spilling out details of murders they've committed in the past, as well as ones they'd have no problem committing in the future, on their albums. Then, shockingly enough, shooting and killing a 16 year old kid in a club for "running his mouth". I wonder why the Brady Campaign to "Prevent Gun Violence" never mentions them on their "Bash the NRA" web page.

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    OK, so we can all agree this guy has issues. However, where is that line? My facebook is covered with the fact I would not hire Obama to lead 2 Privates from one side of the Parade field to the other. I am not saying the overthrow the Government, I am saying vote him out of office and let Jimmy Carter out of the basement.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    A revolution can be a lot of things - doesn't have to be taking up guns against the government. He should have STFU and he'd probably be okay. None of us know what happened in that room when they were questioning him. Whole thing doesn't sound very good though.

Top Bottom