• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    This is the best explanation I've read about how the state of the economy and the manufacturing sector affect each other, with particular emphasis on U.S. government regulations and taxes that provide disincentives to U.S. companies to keep their business operations here at home - meaning American jobs lost and shipped overseas. Also addressed is the fallacy of "free trade" in the cases where we're competing against countries that have less regulation and overall cost of doing business, along with higher tariffs on our goods than we place on theirs.

Q&A with manufacturing business expert Richard McCormack - The Hill's Congress Blog
    Gun Zone Deals

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Man, that is great reading. Rep to you. I'm passing it on to lots of folks. That should be required reading for everyone.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    OP. That was a good read. Reposted the article in its entirety at another forum.
    Pity, Our Government likes to think that they are sooooooooo much smarter than us. But we who live in the real world have known for decades that we manufacture nothing.
    Go to the grocery store and look at tooth picks. I do. Everything is made in China, Taiwan or Mexico. We don't even make friggen tooth picks.

These jokers in Congress HAVE to be voted out, and replaced with people who understand that this country is dieing without manufacturing. If we don't make what we sell we don't benefit from the sales. This Congress is all about giving away the country. How else do you explain them preventing any kind of Solar, Wind, Nuclear, Wave power generation, no new US Coal or US Oil. We spend over $800,000,000,000.00 Billion a year to other countries many who want to destroy the US. WHY the FRACK are we spending hundreds of Billions in countries that are trying to kill us???????? What is Congress up to.
    Just on Yahoo a few days ago they were talking about huge oil reserves that were hit on an Indian Reservation, and they said there were other reserves that were on other Reservations here at home that have not been tapped. Why are we not keeping the 800+Billion here with oil extraction and natural gas from our country.
    Solar can be converted to HHO gas and used. Hell we could put Pelosi and Reed on a big gerbil wheel and make them produce electricity, they sure as frack don't do any thing else good for this country.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Long story short, the end result is we no longer have a manufacturing base here. We import. We've become a nation of consumption as opposed to what we used to be, a manufacturing base. There is no long term future in basing an economy almost solely on consumption. Things will continue to suck until we correct this. It will require firing 535 people, and putting replacements in place that will stop punishing success and rewarding failure. It really is that simple.

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    not to get off the subject but i meet a guy 2wks ago seeling some ammo,i asked him if he sold his gun? he told me that GM had just laid him off that wk and was trying sell some to pay the rent.i was looking at the wall street journal last wk someone left in the break room and there it is GM hiring 1000 new jobs in India.???? i mean how can we bail them out then they cut the jobs that pay for the bail out?? they want to hire people over seas let India bail them out ! we need to take care of our own we do need to manufacture more stuff here everything from toys to plastic bags, increase the taxes on the import junk. end of rant!!!

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Domestic manufacturers have told me repeatedly that the greatest protectionists in our country are the corporate and financial companies that are doing everything in their power to protect their assets in China. To influence policy in their favor, the multinationals, retailers, importers and foreign producers fund think tanks, trade associations, lobbyists, lawyers and public relations firms. These are the real protectionists, not American businessmen who want to save American jobs and the American middle class.

I think this is the key paragraph, the only winner in the so called called global economy is wall street who care nothing for the American worker, I'm a strong believer in capitalism but there is no way the American middle class will survive or compete with 1.3 billion Chinese or 1.2 billion in India unless of course we lower our standard of living to their's.

America needs to be totally self sufficient, manufacturing, power, fuel, etc, that does not mean isolationism or no trade but in the end unless we protect America we will fail as a super power and from that point on it's any ones guess as to the out come.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    OP. That was a good read. Reposted the article in its entirety at another forum.
    Pity, Our Government likes to think that they are sooooooooo much smarter than us. But we who live in the real world have known for decades that we manufacture nothing.
    Go to the grocery store and look at tooth picks. I do. Everything is made in China, Taiwan or Mexico. We don't even make friggen tooth picks.

These jokers in Congress HAVE to be voted out, and replaced with people who understand that this country is dieing without manufacturing. If we don't make what we sell we don't benefit from the sales. This Congress is all about giving away the country. How else do you explain them preventing any kind of Solar, Wind, Nuclear, Wave power generation, no new US Coal or US Oil. We spend over $800,000,000,000.00 Billion a year to other countries many who want to destroy the US. WHY the FRACK are we spending hundreds of Billions in countries that are trying to kill us???????? What is Congress up to.
    Just on Yahoo a few days ago they were talking about huge oil reserves that were hit on an Indian Reservation, and they said there were other reserves that were on other Reservations here at home that have not been tapped. Why are we not keeping the 800+Billion here with oil extraction and natural gas from our country.
    Solar can be converted to HHO gas and used. Hell we could put Pelosi and Reed on a big gerbil wheel and make them produce electricity, they sure as frack don't do any thing else good for this country.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Hell we could put Pelosi and Reed on a big gerbil wheel and make them produce electricity, they sure as frack don't do any thing else good for this country.
    Hell Ya!

Top Bottom