• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I found this box of ammo in an online auction and had the high bid. I don't have anything with which to shoot it but bought it because I figured it is collectible or is at the very least an interesting display item. Any ammo collectors on the forum know anything about it and if it's worth anything?

Mannlicher-Schonauer Model 1905 9mm Ammo.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My first thought was a dangerous game round, so I looked it up. 200-245 grain maxing out at 23,000 fps. It should drop large game with no problem.

I personally would not use it on dangerous game. My South African friend that was a professional Hunter always said 24,00 fps was key to dropping most anything they had there.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I don't have the 1.5 to 2K to buy a rifle to shoot it. I may trade it at a gun show to a dealer or collector.

What I have seen so far about this was that is was considered sufficient to bag any sized African antelope and similar game and even lion if you were a crackshot and lucky. I do not think I'd try it on a lion. As for this particular box of ammo, I do not think I'd ever try to shoot it. My guess is though, it would still go bang.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My first thought was a dangerous game round, so I looked it up. 200-245 grain maxing out at 23,000 fps. It should drop large game with no problem.

I personally would not use it on dangerous game. My South African friend that was a professional Hunter always said 24,00 fps was key to dropping most anything they had there.
    That's really fast.

Top Bottom