IMG_4413.jpg
      27.3 KB · Views: 308

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Taiwan has one of the fewest number of cases in the world, along with one of the fewest number of deaths. There’s a reason for this - they were prepared.

Everyone wears masks there, they have thermal screening of everyone entering the country and they have a nationalized healthcare system that is fine tuned for responses against pandemics.

Why we don’t learn from them is beyond me.
    Wonder how many smoke or use nicotine

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Taiwan has one of the fewest number of cases in the world, along with one of the fewest number of deaths. There’s a reason for this - they were prepared.

Everyone wears masks there, they have thermal screening of everyone entering the country and they have a nationalized healthcare system that is fine tuned for responses against pandemics.

Why we don’t learn from them is beyond me.

Because we’re freedom loving Americans?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Since we know the virus isn’t aerosolized...unless someone literally sneezes or coughs in your face, the best thing a mask is good for, is to keep you from touching your face - hands to face is how we know the virus is mainly spread.

Honestly I don’t even wear gloves anymore.

Don’t touch yer face.

And wash yer hands often, because eventually, you’re gonna touch yer face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Excuse my ignorance on how Texas does things - but why the hell is a judge giving orders to an entire county and making policy? Judges are supposed to rule on individual cases before them, not acting as chief executives of the jurisdiction in which they preside. Do Texas counties not have county commissions / commissioners? My pops lives in Tomball and has nothing good to say about Hidalgo. The nicest thing he's said about her is that she's an anchor baby to a couple illegals. I'm trying to wrap my head around how she can be handing out executive orders like she has the constitutional authority, or the title to do so? Legislative, Executive, and Judiciary are all supposed to be distinct branches of government...

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm guessing she's the head of the office of emergency management. Judge Ed Emmett performed (better) in the same role during the hurricane.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Excuse my ignorance on how Texas does things - but why the hell is a judge giving orders to an entire county and making policy? Judges are supposed to rule on individual cases before them, not acting as chief executives of the jurisdiction in which they preside. Do Texas counties not have county commissions / commissioners? My pops lives in Tomball and has nothing good to say about Hidalgo. The nicest thing he's said about her is that she's an anchor baby to a couple illegals. I'm trying to wrap my head around how she can be handing out executive orders like she has the constitutional authority, or the title to do so? Legislative, Executive, and Judiciary are all supposed to be distinct branches of government...

In Texas the County Judge is the Chief Executive of the county. They run the county and lead the county commissioner's court, which isn't really a court.

Edit: They also head up the emergency management response for the county during a time of emergency.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In Texas the County Judge is the Chief Executive of the county. They run the county and lead the county commissioner's court, which isn't really a court. Despite the name, they are part of the executive branch, not the judicial.

Adding that each of the 254 counties’ governing bodies is constitutionally known as the commissioners court. The county judge presides over the governing body and can (but doesn’t always) serve as the head of the county justice (JP) courts and county court systems as well as being able (not required) to serve as administrative judges.

Generally speaking, county trial courts handle misdemeanor crimes, punishable by county jail
    time, while state district courts try felons for state jail or prison time.

Top Bottom