• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I have no remorse for this individual. If you are not mature enough to maintain discipline on a firing range you reap what you sow, how many people did he muzzle sweep before shooting himself?

Frankly if you cannot safely operate a firearm you should not be allowed to carry one.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    WHAT THE HELL!!!

(Quoted from the article):
    "Students were working on an exercise in which they pull a concealed weapon with their non-dominant hand, take the safety off, aim and shoot.Degase said that on the gun Seymour was using, the thumb of the right hand would normally manipulate the safety.
    It appeared to him that during the exercise Seymour was manipulating the safety with his left index finger, which got the gun turned around facing Seymour. One round hit him in the chest, Degase said."

So, someone saw him doing this and didn't yell out to him "HEY! WTH ARE YOU DOING? TURN YOUR WEAPON AROUND!" or some shit like that!?
    Obviously, I'd need to know the actual facts, and not base my outrage on a news article. But this just sounds shitty!

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Weird focus in a CHL class. When I went through I was used to weak side drills, but there were some that barely knew which end of the pistol the round came from. I wouldn't have been comfortable with tactical drills with the crowd I had.
    Wow for another reason; the foolish direction taken by the instructor teaching tactics in a classroom that should have taught CC law and basic firearm proficiency.

Just my opinion.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    There is NO requirement during a CHL class to practice tactical drills such as week hand draw from holster switch and fire.

FAIL here is that the instructor was teaching outside the minimum thinking he was doing them a favor.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There is NO requirement during a CHL class to practice tactical drills such as week hand draw from holster switch and fire.

FAIL here is that the instructor was teaching outside the minimum thinking he was doing them a favor.

What state was this in? "Conceal and carry" doesn't sound like Texas, and all we've got is a county name (and one that's going to be a fairly common name, I'd bet). I could be wrong, it could be Texas...

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    "The law also requires that students demonstrate marksmanship with both a pistol and a semiautomatic..."

Gotta love that kind of fact-checking.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    This for some reason reminds me of the DEA guy with the glock fowty that shot himself in the leg in a kids class room "I am the only one in the room professional enough to handle a gun !*bang*! oh crap not again"

Top Bottom