• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    It's a bad situation all over. He can't blame anybody but himself. The guy next to him couldn't help him because he was wearing a baseball glove. What I don't understand is that the guy had his hand on top of the wall as he fell and didn't grab it. He wouldn't let go of the ball. I can't help but feel bad for the son.

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    It's a bad situation all over. He can't blame anybody but himself. The guy next to him couldn't help him because he was wearing a baseball glove. What I don't understand is that the guy had his hand on top of the wall as he fell and didn't grab it. He wouldn't let go of the ball. I can't help but feel bad for the son.

YouTube - ‪Fan dies after falling from stands at Rangers game july 7 2011‬‏

It appears that he is trying to beat the guy with the glove for the ball. It seems to me that he was just in a rush to put himself in position to get the ball before anyone else could snag it instead of just letting the ball get to the crowd. Emotions got in the way of better judgement IMO. Tragic that he died and that his son had to witness it.

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    We need to ban baseball.

Yeah, no kidding.... I've already seen ignorant ass posts that state " Why wasn't there a net there to catch him.... how could the ballpark allow for such unsafe areas....." Thanks to these types of ignorant thinking liberal assholes; we've got to idiot proof everything to the point of absolute idiocracy.
    Add a couple hundred thousand dollars of netting to every ball park in America and then raise ticket prices to pay for it, pretty soon nobody will be able to afford tickets, so then there will be no baseball and subsequently, we'll all be safer and better off because nobody will have to die such a preventable death......

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I saw this on the news this morning. Thats gonna be rough on the kid. The other person I feel bad for is the outfielder. Now he has to live with "If I just hadn't thrown that ball into the stands...or if I had made a better throw..."

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    I saw this on the news this morning. Thats gonna be rough on the kid. The other person I feel bad for is the outfielder. Now he has to live with "If I just hadn't thrown that ball into the stands...or if I had made a better throw..."

I think he made a great throw, it was headed right for the stands and was NOT a short throw. It could have easily and safely been caught, the guy just got too excited and was set on getting the ball before anyone else; he lost focus on everything around him in his quest for a little white ball.

btw - not disagreeing with you at all RR, just hope that Josh Hamilton realizes that he's not to blame.

BigD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Dallas
    Its a shame to lose your life over a ball. There are a lot of messed up ways to die; this is one.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    They are reporting he bought his 6 yr. old a glove on the way to the park. No doubt that's who he wanted the ball for. Terrible tragedy - his own fault, but terrible for the kid and the outfielder that tossed the ball up there.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Its sad all around this tragedy happened. Having 2 lil boys of my own its saddening to think of his young kids growing up without dad. Any know the info on where they are sending donations for that family? please post if you know... TS

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I think he made a great throw, it was headed right for the stands and was NOT a short throw. It could have easily and safely been caught, the guy just got too excited and was set on getting the ball before anyone else; he lost focus on everything around him in his quest for a little white ball.

btw - not disagreeing with you at all RR, just hope that Josh Hamilton realizes that he's not to blame.

No I understand, and all I am saying is that it is a tragic accident. If I had thrown the ball, I would fell horrible regardless of how well it was thrown. Thats not to say Josh is at fault at all, just understandable if he feels a little worse knowing that he played a part even though it is not his fault at all.

Whole thing sucks. Guy trying to do something for his kid dies and the kid loses a dad. Wife probably lost a husband. Parents probably lost a son. Someone probably lost a best friend. Community lost a firefighter. Just sad.

I was just pointing out that that in addition to all the obvious people, the guy who threw the ball probably feels pretty shitty too.

Top Bottom