• ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I mean, technically zero guns is enough to start an army. It's not as if there were no armies before guns...
    Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 14-40-58 head scratch meme at DuckDuckGo.png

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I would consider use of the word "plethora" to be a sign of a news writer trying to sound smarter than they are. Got a feeling that person also uses words like "behooves" and "insouciant" whenever they can shoehorn them into a sentence, too. Seems a bit pretentious to me, and it leapt out of the sentence when I read it.
    You just used all those words, how do you think that makes you appear by your own line of thinking about folks who use them? :roflfunny:
    :facepalm:

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    "Arsenal" is the usual and preferred sensationalistic term with the media. "A large number" would be a less pretentious way to say it. Or "multiple". "Several"?

Or maybe...wait for it..."nearly 100"...as used in the last paragraph. But not "almost 100" as used in the little one-sentence summary at the top, because that's just awkward.
    Brobdingnagian multitude...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    You just used all those words, how do you think that makes you appear by your own line of thinking about folks who use them? :roflfunny:
    :facepalm:

Well, since I used them as examples of someone being pompous but I don't use them regularly, I had hoped I could trust my fellow forum members to get my point.

...but if you need me to, I can use smaller words to explain it.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    ...but if you need me to, I can use smaller words to explain it.
    Please don't do that. It would end up sounding like Kamala Harris trying to explain economics.

"So, I grew up in a middle-class family. We were deflated. It was a time of deflation. We were not yet inflated. Being inflated is hard on middle-class families. It is a time of tension and pressure. But deflation is not painless. When we deflate it will be painful at first, but then we will feel better. Joy will come back into our deflated lives."

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Please don't do that. It would end up sounding like Kamala Harris trying to explain economics.

"So, I grew up in a middle-class family. We were deflated. It was a time of deflation. We were not yet inflated. Being inflated is hard on middle-class families. It is a time of tension and pressure. But deflation is not painless. When we deflate it will be painful at first, but then we will feel better. Joy will come back into our deflated lives."

The latest from her:

"I grew up understanding the children of the community are the children of the community, and we should all have a vested interest in ensuring that children can go grow up with the resources that they need to achieve their God-given potential."

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I used to have a boatload

But now just have a crap load

Will be only a s##t load if I keep selling

I better buy some more…

Oh… there is a gun show less than 5 miles from me this weekend

I’ll need a wagon load of $$$ to find what I don’t really know I even need yet

Should change my name from Iowashooter to Iowabuysellandtrade

Top Bottom