Patriot Mobile

Magazine capacity dramatization. Why "high cap" magazine bans kill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Very well done video. I especially like the big flinch on the last round, with the piss-poor hit to match. It was a nice touch.
    Lynx Defense

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Subscribed!

Thanks!

Although, I have to comment on the fact that he squeezed off two more rounds into the first intruder after he was down which could have helped with the second intruder.

I'd probably do the same with the adrenaline and all but God help anyone stupid enough to kick in my door here in the great state of Texas.

I'm positive that the creator of the video wrote those last two (first intruder) shots in to initiate comment.

Last edited:

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    Subscribed!

Thanks!

Although, I have to comment on the fact that he squeezed off two more rounds into the first intruder after he was down which could have helped with the second intruder.

I'd probably do the same with the adrenaline and all but God help anyone stupid enough to kick in my door here in the great state of Texas.

I'm positive that the creator of the video wrote those last two (first intruder) shots in to initiate comment.

An LEO friend of mine and his partner were confronted by a crackhead that took 9 rounds from his 9mm. It took 3 more from his partners 45 to put him down. Yes, I can see the extra two shots. Shoot them till they stop being a threat. He and his families problem was that he didn't have enough to do the same to the second intruder. Hence the dramatization. Good video that needs wider dissemination.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Subscribed!

Thanks!

The first bad guy was staggered but coming back up when the homeowner shot again. Just because he's down doesn't mean he'll stay there.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    What disturbed me was the homeowner closed his eyes at each shot. I hope they do better on future videos.

Of course I have no real world experience.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What disturbed me was the homeowner closed his eyes at each shot. I hope they do better on future videos.

Of course I have no real world experience.

He was flinching, that was part of the point. Watch at the range and most shooters do it. I'm sure I blink when the gun goes off, too. To a large part, it's involuntary, but with training you won't squeeze them shut.

I think the point of this video was that it was a normal guy defending his family, not a "hard core gun guy" who spends a ton of time at the range, shoots competitively and/or trains for this kind of situation. He missed tactical opportunities, too, like having his family regroup in a more secure room (or even getting his gun before checking the door, which is how I roll). Point is, a majority of gun owners simply don't think that way (IMO) and the same goes for their level of training. Lots of people jerk the trigger, flinch and have other bad habits when they shoot. I mean, damn: I had to stop one shooter because she was flinching so bad it was unsafe.

If someone has bad habits at the range, those habits will probably be way worse when it's for keepsies.

Unfortunately, handguns will amplify the hell out of your bad habits.

The point of him doing things less than perfectly was that this is the common law abiding man. He's got enough disadvantages going in - numbers, willingness to kill (he doesn't really want to; seems obvious to me he's doing what needs doing), aggressiveness... Piling on one more disadvantage - a small magazine - can cost him and his family their lives.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    7 rounds. Digging at NY and their dipshit governor Cuomo. I love it. At least in CA, I would have had three more rounds for the second guy.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    This is a great video and shows exactly what we've been trying to say. I'm looking forwand to his future PSA's.

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    An LEO friend of mine and his partner were confronted by a crackhead that took 9 rounds from his 9mm. It took 3 more from his partners 45 to put him down. Yes, I can see the extra two shots. Shoot them till they stop being a threat. He and his families problem was that he didn't have enough to do the same to the second intruder. Hence the dramatization. Good video that needs wider dissemination.

i read a story the other day from a former LEO where he dumped 14rounds into a dude and he kept coming. the officer said he was in the bed next to the perp at the hospital and the doc said "this guys a lost cause, did the officer really have to shoot him this much?"

the story said the cop now carries over 100rds or something like that. i wish i coukd find it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The first bad guy was staggered but coming back up when the homeowner shot again. Just because he's down doesn't mean he'll stay there.

He was still holding his pistol, too. Shoot until the threat is eliminated!

I guess in hindsight dad should have gone for a headshot, but who has that kind of cognition in a deadly force encounter? Video makes a good point. And now for a real life story to drive it home:

http://www.presidentialrace.oodja.com/a/detail.do/id-a52f30ce-5f79-48e9-9b33-7f7057fff377

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    i read a story the other day from a former LEO where he dumped 14rounds into a dude and he kept coming. the officer said he was in the bed next to the perp at the hospital and the doc said "this guys a lost cause, did the officer really have to shoot him this much?"

the story said the cop now carries over 100rds or something like that. i wish i coukd find it.

That's the bitch about blood loss - it takes time to work! It doesn't matter what caliber you use, especially in a handgun, until blood pressure drops enough, or unless you get a central nervous system shot (high spine or brain), the other guy can simply decide that he's not done fighting yet. About all you can do is keep punching holes until he either changes his mind, or he's physically incapable of continuing.

He was still holding his pistol, too. Shoot until the threat is eliminated!

I guess in hindsight dad should have gone for a headshot, but who has that kind of cognition in a deadly force encounter? Video makes a good point. And now for a real life story to drive it home:

Why you don't want to rob a gun store, apparently even at night in this case by

Yep, weapon in hand and trying to advance = needs to be shot some more.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    I know of a case in Lancaster , Texas several years back where an armed perp took 9 rounds before he went dow - and lived.

My home security "system" is a Glock 21, 23, and S&W = 33 rounds without reload. Diva Fein-sheist would be appalled I'm sure.

+ A bag with 5 more ready to go Glock magazines within reach.

outspokenRed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Magazine capacity kills dramatization WHY ?

:rolleyes:

Very well done video. I especially like the big flinch on the last round, with the piss-poor hit to match. It was a nice touch.

I am new to the Quotes ! So please bear with my old crippled butt. [ OutspokenRed ] / Pineville, La.
    I get punishment from Facebook / For defending " ALL GUN Believing " Amuricans ! But this video shows Exactly what /
    Would & might have happened in the past several years. - I M O - The only time that A person should be limited to that
    [ ONE 1 Shot ] would be while - BOW Hunting !!! How is the * KING * Getting away with one * LIE * after another ?
    I think Mexico even Believed HIM today !!!:mad:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    He didn't flinch, he slammed his eyes shut! Otherwise I agree with your post Sage.
    Taking a life is hard for anyone who isn't a sociopath. I would expect someone who's had minimal training and probably never even hunted before to want to shut their eyes. Hell, a lot of novice hunters will pull the shot because they subconsciously don't want to kill bambi.

Top Bottom