• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    This morning I was in Lowes doing some "essential" shopping. Every few minutes a message came over the loudspeaker reminding everyone to stay 6 feet apart, etc. This, along with all of the taped lines and arrows on the floor reminded me of being in kindergarten with the teacher telling everyone not to pick their nose. When I scanned an item and it rang up ar $1.00 more than the price tag, the self check attendant did not want to come over the clear the register. She him-hawed around and then positioned herself as far away as possible then leaned over to correct the entry, moving away as quickly as possible. As I walked down the aisles, any employee I met would back up as far as possible as I passed. They must have a scared straight version for their virus training.
    Target Sports

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I have heard Home Depot is much worse and have heard complaints about no distancing happening there. Lowe's is doing what they can and it is unfortunate that the employee would not take care of the issue. Could have asked you to stand aside maybe. I don't know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Maybe did not know how to say it. This is different for everyone. Change everything somehow. Carry on with life some

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    We have been telling the kids they can play outside, but they need to keep distance from other kids. We have had two confirmed cases in our small city. My understanding is they are both in the same household and are sequestered at home.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have heard Home Depot is much worse and have heard complaints about no distancing happening there.

It’s the opposite here in Abilene. Home Depot is limiting the number of people allowed, and have 6’ markers taped on the floors. Both Lowe’s are jam packed free for all’s.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I went to Lowe’s today to pick up the last couple pieces for suspended ceiling. As I’m tying them to the roof rack on the truck I get a strong smell of Lysol drifting over the parking lot. I look over and this guy is leaving his minivan wearing a filter type mask and gloves but wearing shorts and a T-shirt and as he’s speed walking towards the door he is spraying a cloud of Lysol on and about him head to toe from a can.

I damn near busted a gut laughing.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    This morning I was in Lowes doing some "essential" shopping. Every few minutes a message came over the loudspeaker reminding everyone to stay 6 feet apart, etc. This, along with all of the taped lines and arrows on the floor reminded me of being in kindergarten with the teacher telling everyone not to pick their nose. When I scanned an item and it rang up ar $1.00 more than the price tag, the self check attendant did not want to come over the clear the register. She him-hawed around and then positioned herself as far away as possible then leaned over to correct the entry, moving away as quickly as possible. As I walked down the aisles, any employee I met would back up as far as possible as I passed. They must have a scared straight version for their virus training.

Yes, everyone in a store you meet now looks at you in utter fear like you are the grim reaper.. thats even if they make eye contact.
    The government has gotten people right where they want them,,afraid and insecure about everything.

This is just a one-two punch waiting to happen.
    They now know how obedient the peasants are and we will willingly drop a dime on anyone not loyal to the government...

Damn, this has my blood boiling

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've noticed my local Krogers now keeps many more check out lanes open with real cashiers so the 6' apart lines at the self check out or the two open registers don't get so long they reach the back of the store. I've actually enjoyed not having more than 1 or 2 people in line at a regular check out aisle there.

I haven't had any issues at Lowes lately, but I don't use self check out. Last time I was there I had a couple of people ask me if I needed help (which they only seem to do when I don't need help. I think they get training in recognizing this, because when I need help, it's like a ghost town.)

Top Bottom