• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Friday night around 10pm, I'm surfing around the gun forums and suddenly the computer freezes. Had to turn it off at main power just to get off the page. Power it back, reboots, and whoa...no internet. Only two of the four lights blinking on the modem. Not a big problem, I thought, it's happened before and it'll be back in the morning.

Next morning at 9am, still no internet. So I call CS at Century Link. After the obligatory "reboot your modem, unplug your modem, try a different outlet" script, they determined I must have a bad modem. So, they are going to send me a new modem. "Oh wait. Yours is out of warranty, so we will have to charge you for a new one, or you can lease it from us".

I told the guy no, I'll just order one from Amazon. He said, that's fine, no problem. After we hang up, I realize, Doh, I can't order one from Amazon, I don't have internet service, LOL. So, I ended up making an unscheduled trip to Best Buy. I find the aisle with modems. Bad sign. They are all cable modems, and I have DSL. Ten minutes later, there is finally a sales rep free. We dig through the shelves and find one DSL modem. A combo modem/router.

I get home and an hour later, everything is set up and configured. It's all running good, even the wireless. Now, I'm glad I went that route. If I had bought one from Century Link, it would have been Tuesday before it arrived, even with overnight shipping. And with shipping and probably tax, would have cost $130, instead of the $75 I paid out the door at Best Buy.

I guess it just irks me that I have to pay for equipment that was originally furnished for free. DirecTv does that to. My choices for internet and TV are very limited in the semi rural area where I live.

Rant off.
    Hurley's Gold

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Dang - I think I've still got a DSL modem from a while back. If you want a backup, and I didn't toss it already, I'll send it to you on my dime.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    DSL sucks, but it works.

Lost connectivity with my wireless multi-function printer a couple of days ago. It is a Dell (made by Lexmark).

Cannot find the installation disk, and this printer is no longer supported on-line.

Time to take it to the range.

First to go will be the ink cartridges which are brand new!

They cost more than the printer.

Be well.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    DSL sucks, but it works.

Lost connectivity with my wireless multi-function printer a couple of days ago. It is a Dell (made by Lexmark).

Cannot find the installation disk, and this printer is no longer supported on-line.

Time to take it to the range.

First to go will be the ink cartridges which are brand new!

They cost more than the printer.

Be well.

I know it's no help to you now but....

They sell plastic cd sleeves that have adhesive on one side. If you open my home pc cover, you will find several of these stuck to the inside. All safely housing my precious drivers and software.

W

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom