• ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    OMG..........that's just great.

I used to support decrimilization/legalization but as I have matured, I have realized the folly of that position.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    1724950486761.png

I am disappointed.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Out of curiosity, what is your reasoning for such a position being folly?
    people being high while driving...........look at the traffic statistics in Colorado. The effects of marijuana on a developing brain. The high potency of marijuana nowadays. And dare I say.......I now believe that being involved in the "culture" may open the door to other drug use because of the "crowd".

I guess I'm just not 18 anymore and looking back from my perspective now.......I just don't think altering one's mind/perception of reality is a really great idea.

The position of behind one's own doors/walls doesn't hold water for me. People are going to get intoxicated and drive........why make another substance widely available? Alcohol is bad enough and I know....I know....yes alcohol is worse.

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    people being high while driving...........look at the traffic statistics in Colorado. The effects of marijuana on a developing brain. The high potency of marijuana nowadays. And dare I say.......I now believe that being involved in the "culture" may open the door to other drug use because of the "crowd".

I guess I'm just not 18 anymore and looking back from my perspective now.......I just don't think altering one's mind/perception of reality is a really great idea.

The position of behind one's own doors/walls doesn't hold water for me. People are going to get intoxicated and drive........why make another substance widely available? Alcohol is bad enough and I know....I know....yes alcohol is worse.
    Fair enough. I don't often hear about people changing their opinions on weed in particular so I wanted to ask. I am more on the legalize side of things but certainly can appreciate hearing opinions that differ from mine.

On a personal level drugs aren't my thing and I have greatly limited my alcohol consumption as I've gotten older. To me, one of the biggest detriments of alcohol/drug use is the time you lose to them.

Sure, a couple of bong hits may make you feel great but then you're just sitting there. You're not thinking, you're not growing as a person, you're not learning. You're just high and any motivation to be productive is out the window.

With alcohol, maybe you tied one on and had a great time for 4-6 hours on Friday night but now your whole Saturday (maybe even Sunday!) is a wash because you're hung over.

The time you lose really starts to add up after a while and if there's one thing we have a finite supply of......it's time.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Fair enough. I don't often hear about people changing their opinions on weed in particular so I wanted to ask. I am more on the legalize side of things but certainly can appreciate hearing opinions that differ from mine.

On a personal level drugs aren't my thing and I have greatly limited my alcohol consumption as I've gotten older. To me, one of the biggest detriments of alcohol/drug use is the time you lose to them.

I have quit drinking for just this reason. The unproductive time that it creates. It's just a waste
    Sure, a couple of bong hits may make you feel great but then you're just sitting there. You're not thinking, you're not growing as a person, you're not learning. You're just high and any motivation to be productive is out the window.
    100% agree
    With alcohol, maybe you tied one on and had a great time for 4-6 hours on Friday night but now your whole Saturday (maybe even Sunday!) is a wash because you're hung over.
    Yes sir!
    The time you lose really starts to add up after a while and if there's one thing we have a finite supply of......it's time.
    well said.

I will add that yes.........there are millions of people who can responsibly use whatever. I've just decided it's not for me.......anymore. I have seen too many friends waste their lives away into nothing. I'm dealing with one now.

Just my personal opinions though.

Top Bottom