Target Sports

Looking to get a Gobbler in Texas, Any advice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sweetnsassytngal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Tennessee
    Hey All,
    I’m a looking for a place in Texas to do some turkey hunting. I live in Tennessee and looking to start my grand slam. I don’t figure I will be able to make it this year but if your a turkey Hunter you know, it’s more than just a passion it’s more like a disease. I have limited out on Eastern for several years. I know there is not only Rio but also Merriams there in Texas and some even say Goulds also….. I’m just finding that hard to believe. I would like to hunt public land, but I figure it would be smarter for me to get a guide for the first hunt. I am almost positive I want to come to Texas and hunt before I go to Florida to hunt the Osceola. I would like to hear any advice on where to hunt public lands or best guide service as there are a lot of scams and sorry guide services that I have heard about. If anyone has land and would like to trade a hunt for hunt here in Tennessee. This gal would like to talk about it. As we got a huge population of Eastern.
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• AC35FE19-D0F3-4250-8A13-5FD1B8611951.jpeg
      AC35FE19-D0F3-4250-8A13-5FD1B8611951.jpeg
      637.9 KB · Views: 56

Sweetnsassytngal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Tennessee
    I just had kidney stone surgery yesterday but we knew we could go get these. Our first double, my old man is turkeynightmare. He got #99 today. That’s why I wanted to surprise him with a trip to start our grand slam. I think turkey hunting is his first love and I come in 2nd

Sweetnsassytngal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Tennessee
    A while back, 6 years ago, one of our clients wanted to show appreciation so he set up a hunt for several of us with Roy Wilson at the Krooked River Ranch. It was a 3 day affair. Hogs, quail, chucker,
    and a few exotics.

He had about 6,000. acres that he owned or leased all lumped together between Lueders and Haskel. While out there I saw dozens of long beard gobblers, so I asked. At that time, a one day guided
    You can google map the place and . I'll set up a few game cameras in advance for a count. Are you looking at this autumn?
    We are looking for next spring

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom