• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I've been the quiet, behind the scenes kind of guy all my life, lookinig to kick off the traces so to speak. I need a little wild in my life, that's all.

@Charlie I understood that.

What kind of fluff? I'd prefer something not to high maintenance...
    Lynx Defense

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm 6'1 and 290#, single and have owned about 30 motorcycles with about 50 years riding. I bought my first bike 49 years ago. There are so many choices out there that it's hard to decide on just one. First, you need to define exactly what kind of riding that you want to do.

I've been all over the western US on a Honda Gold Wing- twice. I biked a lot in much of the rest of the nation. That Gold Wing that was so wonderful on the highway and through the mountains is a beast in Houston traffic. Add a little loose gravel or sand and the bike was a nightmare! Those big road bikes are awful in city traffic. My Kawasaki Concours had the 1000 cc four cylinder Ninja engine and was damned fast but in town it was a roach! That engine hated to idle or lug around in traffic! Both of those bikes were in the 700-800 pound range.

The Gold Wing had a communication system built into the bike. A lady I used to ride with asked me why I never hooked it up. My reply? "If you need to talk that much.....then stay home!"

At 66 YO, I'm done with long highway trips so I got rid of the Gold Wing and the Kawasaki. Now I have a HD Sportster XL1200C that suits me just fine. It's perfect for trips to Galveston, Beaumont or into Houston, it has hydraulic lifters to get away from the expensive sport bike valve adjustments and it weighs 550 pounds which is easy to handle in traffic.

I'm a big guy and the bike hauls me around fine. If that 1200 engine doesn't thrill you, then you have a problem. It's plenty fast. Would I ride it to Dallas from Houston....Hell, no! With my size, my bike is NOT OK for passengers. Since I'm on a vacation from women, that works fine. The Sportster has a tiny rear seat and rear foot pegs but no Xitch is going to sit on it. That is MY ride!

So....that's where you start. Define where you want to go, how long you want to ride and who you'll take with you.

Do bikes work with women? YES! In one case, I met a lady and took her for a ride on the big Honda. Before 30 minutes passed, we were touching each other intimately as we rode and we spent the next few months in the sack. Another time, I met a lady who had her own bike. We were going to Crockett and stopped for lunch at a cafe. We were in the back of the place alone, and I told her how pretty her hooters were and asked if I could see some more of them. Down came the top! Yup, it works.

Boats do too. You have to beat the women away from your boat with a paddle. "Flash are you going to take a lady to the lake?" "No, I'll pick one up when I get there!"..................snicker! It's true!

Flash

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Where I'd want to go, not into the city at first. Back road riding to get the feel of things. Thought about the boat as well, that's why I bought the 2500HD. Just never bought the boat, couldn't make up my mind. It took me 3 yrs to decide on my first LCD/LED TV, LOL. I'm bad that way!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    BOSS HOSS!

OMG....that's a huge friggin' bike! I've sat on them but never rode one. I wonder what it's like to have a hot small block or big block Chevy engine sitting between your legs? When I priced them, they ran over $25K with one speed or two speed transmissions.

Flash

Wullie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Cowtown, TX
    Might need training wheels for something so large...

Or just a trike.

Works in the movies. LOL
    SOALOL.jpg

Roger has some sage advice. I've been riding all my life. Pretty much all big twin junk. Only reason I stay with HD is that I'm too damn old to learn another system. ALL of my HD's have been pre-EVO except for an 883 Sporty I took in trade for some stuff. I got rid of that anemic POS as soon as I could.

IF I had it to over again now. I'd have a TRIUMPH ROCKET III sittin under my old butt. I rode one that belonged to a buddy for a week or so a while back. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. The bike is HUGE, but it handles "small". Horsepower is out of this world! They'll smoke a big twin like a cheap cigar.

Look at one of those before you make your final decision.

My last HD
    kickinit.jpg

My last 'Old Wing.
    WINGage002s.jpg

And this mess is languishing in my shop
    MVC-595S.jpg

Top Bottom