• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have been shopping for a new system for years, lol.

This described me up until this week.

I've been geeking out, looking at all of the best cameras and gear, but then never buying anything due to the price.

I finally just found something with good reviews on Amazon and went for it. No it won't be able to read a driver's license down the block but it's better than nothing.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    This described me up until this week.

I've been geeking out, looking at all of the best cameras and gear, but then never buying anything due to the price.

I finally just found something with good reviews on Amazon and went for it. No it won't be able to read a driver's license down the block but it's better than nothing.

Well?
    Let's hear what you got.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Fry's carries Swann, Night Owl, and a common Japanese brand. Can't remember which.)(Panasonic maybe) They have more Swann than anything. Sometimes in 1080P. You can buy individual pieces to upgrade your system also.

Does anybody make IR spotlights to extend your nightvision?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    At our local Costco (Frisco) they have Lorex brand systems at some decent prices considered to where they used to be. Specs are around 2TB 16 cameras 1080p weatherproof sight out to 100ft no monitor. $799 A few neighbors have them and say they have had great luck and service since they bought them 3-4 years ago. These systems seem to be reasonable enough to install although I would want to get a viewer to help install the cameras which is an added cost.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Tag. I am definitely in the market as well. My parents just spent big bucks on a state of the art camera system that's getting installed this week. I remember Matefrio had a thread from a few years ago where he had a really cool set up for a few hundred bucks.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    http://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/kit/

Wire free. I am test driving a system now. Once I got it tweaked I am liking it.

Video quality is excellent.

Interesting.
    I have seen the battery operated versions before, but never found one with even remotely decent battery life.
    How long do the batteries last in your system?

ETA: I see 4-6 months, but I presume that is only based on maybe 5 minutes of activation a day.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Interesting.
    I have seen the battery operated versions before, but never found one with even remotely decent battery life.
    How long do the batteries last in your system?

ETA: I see 4-6 months, but I presume that is only based on maybe 5 minutes of activation a day.

Reviews I have read indicate 3 to 6 months. They are easy to replace. These do not record 24/7. They have motion detection with adjustable sensitivity, and you can set up schedules for them to turn on and off the motion detection. You can access from any smart phone or computer. You can watch live by clicking on the camera you want to see.

They are definitely a compromise. Records to the cloud, but you can locally save any video.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Found this in a thread on the Forum, could not find info in the .PDF file.

"Battery life is very much dependant on usage... Arlo's spec call for 4 mins a day at optimized video setting ( middle quality I think ), I run at high quality.

Top Bottom