• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSinfulSaint

TheSinfulSaint
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    McKinney
    I have been looking for places where I can test my reloads. Every range I call either does not allow home reloads or does not allow all lead ammo. Ranges that allow both have some crazy liabilities rules and waivers.

Members please suggest where do you test your reloads in or around DFW area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I usually take a box or two of factory ammo and whatever reloads I am testing. I show the factory ammo to appease the powers that be.

I have been known to put my reloads into a factory ammo box as well as long as I have matching headstamps to the box.

Of course retaining my brass is a key factor. I don’t go to ranges that claim that once the brass hits the ground it is theirs.

mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    You might call Smart Shoot, they have several locations in the DFW area. They have what they call “private suits”, they cost more to rent, you are in a small private room. I’ve used them to shoot shotguns and rifles and when I take my grandkids shooting.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    You might call Smart Shoot, they have several locations in the DFW area. They have what they call “private suits”, they cost more to rent, you are in a small private room. I’ve used them to shoot shotguns and rifles and when I take my grandkids shooting.

Shoot smart is pretty good but they don’t like FMJ rifle ammo.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I have been looking for places where I can test my reloads. Every range I call either does not allow home reloads or does not allow all lead ammo. Ranges that allow both have some crazy liabilities rules and waivers.

Members please suggest where do you test your reloads in or around DFW area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot reloads all the time. I go to the range in Allen, Texas Legends, and McKinney just opened a new indoor range. I haven't been there yet.
    I shoot fmj's out of my AR's there.... I think they allow anything except .50 BMG. They will let you pattern your shotguns in there, as well.
    From work, during lunch, I sometimes go to Rifle Gear over on 121.... in fact, I went there today. Shot a couple of .22 revolvers, and my .38 snub with cast, PC'd wadcutters.

I go to the outdoor range in Garland... they do not allow fmj's, but most everything else is ok. They will not let you shoot your shotgun at their wood framed target holders. They do have a clay pigeon range there, though.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I have never heard of a range not allowing reloads and especially not lead ones.

They don’t typically allow steel core or bi metal like some of the commie ammo is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom