• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Lost my buddy that handled my transfers. I’m looking for a person or shop that is reasonable.
    Let me know if you have someone that is reasonable.
    thanks
    Guns International

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    some of the online retailers allow me to pick an ffl to ship to but don’t always show their charges

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dfw is nearly 100 miles across in each direction depending on where you start measuring and what route you take. Sanger to Hillsboro is about 100 miles. Sanger to Waxahachie is about 80.

Weatherford to Forney is 80 miles. That's anywhere from 6400 to almost 10,000 square miles if my 100 miles by 100 miles quick and dirty math is correct. Again depending on where you measure and how you go.

So care to narrow it down a bit. I use the pawn shop in the colony. 25 bucks. Some may think that's high but personal relationships are important to me. Add to that a tank of gas cause you drove from Waxahachie and its not so great.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    One place to stay away from is Shoot Smart. I had one transferred there about 3 or 4 months ago and they charged $55, and that's with an LTC.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    I work all over the metro mess, which is why I did not narrow it down.
    Thanks Mike, message received.

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    I use a little place near me called Double M Defense (over in Frisco). $10 transfers with LTC. Great to work with and have helped find hard to find guns in the past (perfect place to send a spouse looking for a birthday present you actually want).

https://doublemdefense.com/

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    +1 for Double M Defense, generally good people. I just got a suppressor from them. Also riflegear, I've bought online and transferred to them before but they're $25 I think.

Now that I've found G4G in Van Alstyne they do $15 transfers for everyone but I understand Van Alstyne is a bit off the beaten path from most in "DFW". I still recommend driving up to them; they sell many guns and accessories significantly lower that others. Chatted up both owners several times and they point out because they own the building and have such low overhead they can afford to simply have lower prices and live off volume and low cost of business.

mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Top Bottom