Patriot Mobile

Looking for bids on a residential A/C installation (N. Harris County area)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I have an 8-year-old house, and I've spent far too much money trying to keep the upstairs A/C functioning through each summer. The builder's A/C contractor installed a POS York system that has required constant service from day one. :banghead:

I need to get this dealt with before spring, and I'm tired of throwing good money after bad. The current unit is a 4-ton system. At the very least I'd be looking to replace the outside condenser unit and the coil upstairs. It will take a bit of retrofitting; they used a cheap-assed AllStyle coil/plenum setup, so if the coil is changed then a new plenum will have to be made and ductwork shifted around. I'm leaning toward scrapping it all for a full replacement system, but the price might scare me away from that idea. Please PM me for details and contact info so you can come have a look and write a bid. Time frame is app. March - April (or sooner if the weather heats up too fast). Thx...
    Venture Surplus ad

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Ill give my brother in law a call today. He does AC work PM me a number and Ill send it his way If you'd like.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I've had one complete HVAC system replacement minus ductwork in 2001. I used Larkins Air Conditioning Service, 281-367-7996. Duane Hudson was the contact. Was happy with price, install crew and followup service. After much research, I spec'd the equipment prior to taking bids. Good luck Greg.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I've had one complete HVAC system replacement minus ductwork in 2001. I used Larkins Air Conditioning Service, 281-367-7996. Duane Hudson was the contact. Was happy with price, install crew and followup service. After much research, I spec'd the equipment prior to taking bids. Good luck Greg.
    Thanks for the reference - I'll add them to my list.

If anyone else knows a company they'd recommend that works out in the Tomball / Klein area, please let me know.

Dredge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Spring
    Try Kenny at Champions Forrest A/C.
    (281) 379-2665 they are located on Steubner-Airline just North of Louetta.
    He's a good guy that will give you options as to what you're looking for. My bro-in-law recommended him to me and his recommendations are few and far between.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Actually, Buddy from CF A/C came by yesterday to give an estimate. They've made the best impression on me so far; if I go with them I'll make sure to ask for Kenny on the crew. I've gotten quotes from a couple of companies so far, another coming tomorrow, and a couple of leads PM'ed to me that I'm checking out as well.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Bah... What kind of business owner wouldn't get his hands dirty once in a while?

(the kind that busted his ass a long time and now hires people to do that for him?)

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    did my brother inlaw ever call? my sis just had a baby sunday so it may have slipped his mind. Hes usually cheaper than anyone on prices.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    $67.50 labor, $22,500.00 in parts....

matefrio, we're going to the range. I'll buy (actually Greg) the ammo - you provide the guns <:{)

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    The equipment's true cost should be around $2000. That will give you an idea of how much or little they're sticking it to you on labor.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I've been looking at systems online, and 2000 - 2500 is about the price for the ones I'm looking for. It won't be a drop-in replacement though; they'll have to fix a lot of ductwork and build a new plenum, among other things. The upstairs system will end up being about 3' longer because of what they'll have to do to replace the AllStyle coil/plenum combo. The original installer did a pretty crappy job. They didn't put a filter/dryer anywhere on the line set, for one example.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Just to give you an idea, my labor for a 2nd floor changeout in the attic would be $1500 plus material. Plenum rework is usually included but if there is a significant change then that would be charged @ $50 per hour plus material. I'm cheap though, so take my numbers for what you will.
    Every system should have a drier. Period.

I am not currently interested in the job. No offense but it would be a bit far for me. I'm just providing information for reference.

Top Bottom