Guns International

looking for anyone with knowledge of an outdoor place to shoot in the DFW area....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Texas Skeeters 1st Annual shoot in the DFW area....

im looking to set up a Business/client shoot in DFW and need someone with land large enough to legally shoot on . i'll pay for EVERYTHING and provide EVERYTHING for the shoot!! land owner and friends graciously invited to join the group as well. im getting SICK AND TIRED of all the range rules these local gun ranges are posting more and more of. the top 3, NO FMJ, NO Full Auto's and last NO 50 cal's!! soon all one will be able to shoot is a BB gun!! ive got an agent looking for land for me, but i need a place sooner. any help just P.M me. thanks Skeeter
    DK Firearms

GIJack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Aledo,TEXAS
    Looking for Indoor Range

Elk Castle Sporting Goods has an indoor range Paul Michael is the Manager Ex-F16 Pilot.
    Located 8240 West Freeway Ft Worth between Cherry Lane and Las Vegas Train On the North Access Road.

Winchester Gallery 6054 E. Lancaster Ft. Worth Ft. Worth on the east side of Ft. Worth off Loop 820 Robert is the Manager.

Both offer TEXAS CHL classes

Both ranges are very well run and SAFE!!!!!!!!! no fooling around.

GIJack

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    I was looking for an outdoor range. but thanks for the info. besides, at an indoor range ya cant do this..... [video]http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/texasskeeter/?action=view&current=IMG_0084-1.mp4[/video]

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    WOOHOO!! I found and shot this past sat. at some Corps of Engineers land by lake Texoma!! GREAT quiet spot near NOTHING!!!!!!! FMJ, 50cal, FULL AUTO all good to go!! going back in 2 weeks!!

Texas Skeeter.... you willing to share that corps of engineers location??? My favorite range in Greenville shut down about 8 months ago and I've been looking hard for a place to sight in our deer rifles.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    im looking to set up a Business/client shoot in DFW and need someone with land large enough to legally shoot on . i'll pay for EVERYTHING and provide EVERYTHING for the shoot!! land owner and friends graciously invited to join the group as well. im getting SICK AND TIRED of all the range rules these local gun ranges are posting more and more of. the top 3, NO FMJ, NO Full Auto's and last NO 50 cal's!! soon all one will be able to shoot is a BB gun!! ive got an agent looking for land for me, but i need a place sooner. any help just P.M me. thanks Skeeter
    If you want to drive all the way across Texas, i'll take you to the range I go to. You can shoot anything there....

wneubauer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Jacob's Plain north of Greenville is very accommodating. FMJ ok. Don't know about full auto but you could check with them. They do IDPA and Cowboy Action out there as well.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    after checking with Damn near EVERYONE regarding shooting on the Corps of Engineers land we've shot at 4 times now, it looks like NO-ONE said it was off-limits to include the local sherrifs ofc, fish and game dept as well as local police and also said it was o.k. that people had been shooting there for yrs. heck even the Corps of Engineers wouldnt return my calls regarding shooting there. so after all that said, Ole Texas Skeeter is having his 1st Annual SKEETER Shoot this coming OCT.9th 2010 sat. i know its short notice but anyone close by who wants to come just send me a p.m. and ill get you the details. its fun, safe and NO RANGE NAZI'S yelling "No Rapid Firing"!! there will also be some cop/swat friends attending. here's some pics of the last shoot just before the group arrived....
    DSC07691.jpg
    DSC07692.jpg
    DSC07688.jpg
    DSC07683.jpg
    DSC07686.jpg

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Wish TexasSkeeter was closer to Comanche County....I shoot toward the river in my back pasture 75 yards from the house....neighbors around here don't notice gunfire sounds, most of them make it themselves....

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    the odd part is i found out the dirt/shooting spot was leased for oil drilling some how by an OIL company that is no longer in business and all the drilling horses and feild shops/warehouses in that 2-300 acre area are abandoned and rusted piles of steel now. and i guess the Corps of Engineers has just given up on the area as far as a local sherriff called and told me today. he said just be safe and keep shooting until the Corps shows up and says to leave which most likely wouldnt happen as he laughed about it. Im actually not sure what to believe regarding that area other than local law enforcement DONT enforce this area. I do appreciate the info though Renegade. TS

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    the odd part is i found out the dirt/shooting spot was leased for oil drilling some how by an OIL company that is no longer in business and all the drilling horses and feild shops/warehouses in that 2-300 acre area are abandoned and rusted piles of steel now. and i guess the Corps of Engineers has just given up on the area as far as a local sherriff called and told me today. he said just be safe and keep shooting until the Corps shows up and says to leave which most likely wouldnt happen as he laughed about it. Im actually not sure what to believe regarding that area other than local law enforcement DONT enforce this area. I do appreciate the info though Renegade. TS

So TS, how did the shoot go? I'm in Plano and would love to find an outdoor place to practise "run and gun" drills, or any drills for that matter. I'm fairly bored with indoor ranges that won't let you double tap even a .22 pistol. Send me a PM as to where you are at if you don't mind me crowding in some weekend. Is it by Providence Village?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom