• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoloSport

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I am looking for a reasonable hunting lease in the South Texas area. I'm a public school teacher, so I can't afford those 2k per deer resorts with the pet deer walking around. I am just looking for a nice lease where I have to do the feeding, cooking, hunting, etc.

I little bit about myself; I've been handling firearms and hunting since I was 9yrs old. I've taken firearms safety courses and I'm currently a CHL holder. I've loved the outdoors since I can remember, and my fondest memories as a youngster are spending time at the ranch with my father. However, big time business hunting has pretty much taken over and has pushed people like my father and I out of the affordable hunting loop. I am looking for a hunting area that is affordable enough for me to pay for myself and my retired father or possibly a place where I can take a guest. Thanks for reading this post, and if you are a land owner who may not mind having some respectable people hunting on your land or know of any lease openings, please let me know.

Thanks

Roland

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I am looking for a reasonable hunting lease in the South Texas area. I'm a public school teacher, so I can't afford those 2k per deer resorts with the pet deer walking around. I am just looking for a nice lease where I have to do the feeding, cooking, hunting, etc.

I little bit about myself; I've been handling firearms and hunting since I was 9yrs old. I've taken firearms safety courses and I'm currently a CHL holder. I've loved the outdoors since I can remember, and my fondest memories as a youngster are spending time at the ranch with my father. However, big time business hunting has pretty much taken over and has pushed people like my father and I out of the affordable hunting loop. I am looking for a hunting area that is affordable enough for me to pay for myself and my retired father or possibly a place where I can take a guest. Thanks for reading this post, and if you are a land owner who may not mind having some respectable people hunting on your land or know of any lease openings, please let me know.

Thanks

Roland

You are right..... a deer lease can be very expensive..... especially the professionaly managed game. I'll post any info if I find any..... I hunt just outside Benavides where my father in law owns a small ranch. I hunt for "free", but once you add up all the expenses(deer corn, maintanace of ranch, deer feeders, batteries for game camera, gas money, food, etc......) it is still quiet a bit of money.

RoloSport

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Thanks Chupa Hunter (lol, great name). It's true my friend. Hunting has become a rich man's sport. Man, it's really sad. As a boy me and my father used to hunt in Freer, TX. My father knew the owner, and Mr. Carbahall was one of those old timer honest cowboy type. I'll always remember that man. He was a unique type of person that you just don't meet anymore. Every time I here Randy Travis's He Walked On Water song, I remember him. Man, those were good times.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Would love to find a lease - but any more, they're simply out of whack. Used to be, you could justify the cost by the meat you'd harvest. Now, even the cheapest lease is more than the value of the meat.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    I am fortunate to have a deer lease so close to my home (1.5 mi) it is only 480 acres lot of hogs but the deer population
    has dwindled . The lease is $650. there are 6 stands and there hasn't been a vacancy in four years.

RoloSport

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I am fortunate to have a deer lease so close to my home (1.5 mi) it is only 480 acres lot of hogs but the deer population
    has dwindled . The lease is $650. there are 6 stands and there hasn't been a vacancy in four years.

Wow man, that's freaking awesome! I'd love something like that. I mean, hogs are still fun to shoot and are tasty too.

Top Bottom