• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    I just had a kids shooting class (ages 8-12) where we talked about gun safety, handling, etc. They brought there own air rifles that we shot for the first hour. Then the bigger ones that weren't nervous about the loud nise shot a small .22 (Walther p22). They absolutely loved it!

The only downside I've found to this pistol is that it is a complete beat down to break it down for cleaning and put it back together.

Any thoughts on small .22 semi's that are easier to break down, clean, and maintain?
    Capitol Armory ad

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Using better ammo helps keep them clean. Bulk stuff is dirtier than say CCIs etc.

Buckmark is pretty quick take down and doesn't need to be taken down much to reach all the areas. I don't have issues taking down the Rugers MK series but most will.

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    The Beretta Neos is really simple to takedown and clean (it’s a single thumbscrew). It also has a fairly skinny handle which is nice for people with smaller hands (my 7 year old could grip it when she was 6). The downside is that it's pretty heavy. I would have to go to the Beretta site to get the official number, but I think the 4.5” version is over 32 ounces. I know my daughter couldn’t shoot it without help at 6. However, at 7 she’s strong enough to hold it with her arms fully extended and can get 1 or 2 shots off before she has to lower her arms.

Top Bottom