• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Been looking off and on for a smallish tractor to move dirt,maintain the gravel driveway, and any other crap I want to save my back doing.

1972 Massey Ferguson m-35​

I kind of think it might be a 135 but that is what the seller listed it as.

I think It was a good deal at $4500

I have never driven a tractor although I grew up driving forklifts. Its defiantly different. I am going to have to watch some Youtube to figure out the 3 point pto in the back lol.

lots of the hydraulic lines were replaced several still need to be done 1 is leaking.

The only issue I had playing with it today was the bucket sometimes did not want to go up or tilt back when it was in gear. That might be operator error or I need to adjust something :).

anyways already had $500 bucks of fun on it the last 3 hours
    PXL_20221112_174329580(1).jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Been looking off and on for a smallish tractor to move dirt,maintain the gravel driveway, and any other crap I want to save my back doing.

I have never driven a tractor although I grew up driving forklifts. Its defiantly different. I am going to have to watch some Youtube to figure out the 3 point pto in the back lol.

lots of the hydraulic lines were replaced several still need to be done 1 is leaking.

The only issue I had playing with it today was the bucket sometimes did not want to go up or tilt back when it was in gear. That might be operator error or I need to adjust something :).

View attachment 355796
    Sounds like a good deal.
    On the bucket movement, try running the engine around 1500 rpm. That'll give better hydraulic pressure. Be sure the hydraulic fluid is topped off to the right level.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Good deal!

I just used my small Mahindra to bury one of our outdoor cats. Poor thing was only about two years old, had always been full of energy. He looked sick yesterday and i found him dead today.

I only use my tractor a few times a month, but when you need, you will be happy to have it!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    You mention a leaking hose. Top off the fluid, Check the fluid with the buck down,. Run the RPM to 1k at a minimum run the bucked up and down, check it again. You may have some air in the lines. Once you get it cleared it should get over the jitters. 4.5k is a decent price, in todays market. I saw a, M135 go for 7K at auction last month. You will find all sorts of uses for it. If its been sitting uncovered outside change all the fluids as soon as possible and get it under cover. Everything is vented on that one, and moisture seems to find ways into everything.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Good deal!

I just used my small Mahindra to bury one of our outdoor cats. Poor thing was only about two years old, had always been full of energy. He looked sick yesterday and i found him dead today.

I only use my tractor a few times a month, but when you need, you will be happy to have it!
    Damn, how big was that cat?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    the seller got it from a friend that had it sitting in a barn for years after buying a bigger one. He changed the fluids replaced the hydraulic pump all the fluids and got it running with intentions of selling it. He had receipts for about 1300 in parts and the tractor for free/work he did for the guy.

Now was that story true lol who knows.

As far as the tires the fronts are dry rotted but tube tires. The rears still feel "soft" and no real cracks.

as far as the bucket not going up you all are probably correct it was when I was pushing into dirt and the rps had dropped.

My left leg is going to have a popeye calf soon.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    the seller got it from a friend that had it sitting in a barn for years after buying a bigger one. He changed the fluids replaced the hydraulic pump all the fluids and got it running with intentions of selling it. He had receipts for about 1300 in parts and the tractor for free/work he did for the guy.

Now was that story true lol who knows.

As far as the tires the fronts are dry rotted but tube tires. The rears still feel "soft" and no real cracks.

as far as the bucket not going up you all are probably correct it was when I was pushing into dirt and the rps had dropped.

My left leg is going to have a popeye calf soon.
    You got a peach! OK stay out of the honey locus and black thorn brush and your tires will be fine. My neighbor borrowed by small tractor, clutch, to move several big piles of gravel and rock. He said the same thing, Popeye calf.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

View attachment 355796
    They make tractors? I thought they made motorcycles. You know, the ones preferred by such groups as the Mongols, Bandidos, and the Outlaws.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    A running tractor with a loader for less than 5k is a deal now. Plenty of parts are available for those old Masseys. My ford 3000 was built in 1965 and I doubt my new tractor will last as long as that one has. Get a service manual, they are easy to work on.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    A running tractor with a loader for less than 5k is a deal now. Plenty of parts are available for those old Masseys. My ford 3000 was built in 1965 and I doubt my new tractor will last as long as that one has. Get a service manual, they are easy to work on.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
    manual was included

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    any hydraulic guys around.

The tractor has a ts 300 spool valve that lets you switch from 3point lift in the back to the bucket in the front. Both can not be used at the same time. That valve goes to a 2 handle joystick to control the bucket up and down and the bucket tilt.

I started it lifted the bucket to move the tractor. Realized the box blade was down. I switched the valve to raise the boxblade. Moved the boxblade back up.

Switched back to the bucket and nothing. Will not move up. It will go down but its not under power it is just dropping due to the valve being opened. I think this is how it has always worked.

At this point I foolishly dropped the bucket to the ground so now driving it forward is not possible.

I am assuming it is the ts300 diverter valve but it could also be the joysticks. Any Ideas on how to check the 2 items ?

It was also on the low mark with hydro fluid I added a gallon and it was just above full.

The ts300 valve is 150 bucks I am not sure if its worth messing with it or just replace it.

any advice ?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    any hydraulic guys around.

The tractor has a ts 300 spool valve that lets you switch from 3point lift in the back to the bucket in the front. Both can not be used at the same time. That valve goes to a 2 handle joystick to control the bucket up and down and the bucket tilt.

I started it lifted the bucket to move the tractor. Realized the box blade was down. I switched the valve to raise the boxblade. Moved the boxblade back up.

Switched back to the bucket and nothing. Will not move up. It will go down but its not under power it is just dropping due to the valve being opened. I think this is how it has always worked.

At this point I foolishly dropped the bucket to the ground so now driving it forward is not possible.

I am assuming it is the ts300 diverter valve but it could also be the joysticks. Any Ideas on how to check the 2 items ?

It was also on the low mark with hydro fluid I added a gallon and it was just above full.

The ts300 valve is 150 bucks I am not sure if its worth messing with it or just replace it.

any advice ?
    probably going to need a service manual that explains howto test the different hydraulic circuits and where the pressure gauges need to be hooked yp and what the pressures are when operating correctly!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    probably going to need a service manual that explains howto test the different hydraulic circuits and where the pressure gauges need to be hooked yp and what the pressures are when operating correctly!

ya I have the manual for the tractor the bucket is a brush hog. and the spool has no names lol.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    good idea just got the manual for the loader it may be the stock spool I will have to dig in more.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    We (wife and I) have ten acres of God's great earth and I have made I don't know how many pitches about how bad we need a tractor and how useful it would be. All have landed on deaf ears. I envy everyone who owns a tractor lol. From the oldest beat up old Ford to the newest John Deere beast. I want a tractor. Congratulations to you sir on your purchase and may your issues with it be minor.

Top Bottom