• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Metallic Sillhouetts. .357 mag was well respected back in the day of the marksman in the story. I have no reason to doubt that he made the shot.
    I'd question his judgement of distance though, based purely on google earth. LOL!!!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    We used to shoot .357 revolvers at 100yd targets all the time, but they had longer barrels and target sights or scopes. Pistol hunters make that shot all the time. It's definitely do-able.

A pistol that big with small target sights is not something I'd like to carry around though. That's why I was asking about better sighting that may work for both up close and far out.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    We used to shoot .357 revolvers at 100yd targets all the time, but they had longer barrels and target sights or scopes. Pistol hunters make that shot all the time. It's definitely do-able. A pistol that big with small target sights is not something I'd like to carry around though. That's why I was asking about better sighting that may work for both up close and far out.
    IMO, it matters less than having a good zero and knowing how to use the sights you have.

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    IDK. I'll take a lucky shot any day of the week n twice on Sunday but 5, from 165yds? Out of a pistol? Sounds sketchy to me.

Otherwise helluva man for getting involved and a perfect outcome for the nut case.

Reports now say it was 165 feet, not yards. Still a good shot. Saved a cops life.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    M. Sage,
    What would you possibly be giving up by using sights like Warren Tactical Sights or Heinie's?

I say nothing.

I've made hits on 1/2 scale ram silhouette targets set at 100 yds. With all of my pistols, no matter the sights.
    Full scale rams are almost too easy at 100 yds.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Reports now say it was 165 feet, not yards. Still a good shot. Saved a cops life.

It was a great shot no doubt!!! And what better time to have one than when it saves others lives not to mention saving untold court costs and time.

I only fussed with 5 great shots back to back.

Top Bottom