• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Went and checked this place out earlier this week. Liked it enough to get an annual membership there.

Right now they have 3, 50 yard deep Tactical bays, a 600 yard Rifle range with berms at 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600 yards. They also have a 100 yard range on a different spot of the property.

There's a lot of construction going on right now while they expand, build new sections of range and upgrade the facilities, build bathrooms ect but as long as they can get a decent customer base I think they have a good chance of taking off and being an excellent range. They are building a "pro shop" a bar and grill and some other stuff as well. Supposed to be in the process of getting their FFL.

Daily rates are 20 dollars a person and annual memberships are going for 350 for individuals right now. +1 memberships are an extra 100 dollars. They have family memberships as well but can't remember what those are going for right now. They offer a VIP membership as well if you look on the website it will give you the break down on that I went with the basic individual membership with the option to upgrade to a +1 membership down the line if I want to add the wife to it.

They offer training and competition stuff such as 3 gun matches and what not. I haven't participated in any of those as of yet. But may give a few of them a try when the time comes around.

www.lonestargunclub.com

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Some pics from today. First day I shot there it was snowing and I got no pics.

One of the tac bays
    15fa6c4e7759686396971e74a8d43f6c.jpg

346b3a64f609973ba6e630f5d7912d49.jpg

Facing back towards the temporary range house from the 3rd tac bay
    e0fbd2ae52e44c0563c0671abdcc01bf.jpg

From one of the 600 yard range lanes
    e0e8f3868c0c92b6821bb49bddd48136.jpg

49ba7f7dea8a6b1d846172fbc289742f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I went to this place a couple of months ago. I was not that impressed. There is a shotgun range on the opposite side of the 600 yard rifle range berm. The pistol ranges had a rope tied between their divider berms for you to hang your targets on. The pistol range officer told me that the farmer that lives down range from the pistol ranges will occasionally drive his tractor along the back of the pistol ranges. When he does, everyone has to cease fire until he has gone.

I do not have much experience with this type of shooting facility, but this place seemed dangerous to me. The fact that you might catch a stray round from the 600 yard rifle range while shooting on their shotgun range bothers me. The fact that the pistol range has no down range protection berm bothers me. Also, the fact that an adjacent property owner can drive his farm tractor perpendicularly across an unprotected pistol range and then hope everyone will cease fire really bothers me.

I went out there with great anticipation. I really wanted to join a club where I could shoot at distances over 200 yards.

Upon my arrival I went to the main office. I visited with the guys inside and learned what the costs would be and what they had to offer. I asked if I might walk around the complex to see for myself what the layout looked like. They said sure, but you can also drive. I said no, I need the exercise, I will just walk. The place just seemed to have lax security/protection for the shooters and was a rag tag operation at best. I hope they prosper and can eventually make what I consider much needed improvements.

This is just one guy's opinion. I recommend anyone thinking about joining this range go out and check it out yourself. I went out with three rifles and a range bag full of ammo. I did not fire a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom