• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Ok some may not agree with ALL of this but IMO the parents and the local community are as much to blame as anyone else.
    First lack of parenting first and foremost, second, the community is a group far larger than the gang and needs to take their streets back working with authorities and not against them. As a community you have an obligation to each other and part of that obligation is to take action as a community when problems arise and to resolve those problems as a community.
    Most of these gang bangers are kids and young adults that have no home training or social training. What they know is fear is an equalizer. I say that because IMO these kids are afraid to succeed!!! Their community has failed them. Their parents have failed them and they are scared, thus acting out is a cry for help.
    This is not an issue the FED can resolve, this must resolved locally with in the community.
    Our society has become such a "Throw Away" society that we have devalued life to the term of a 1st conviction prison sentence 3-5 years in most cases. To a gang banger that's street credit not a deterrent to violent crime.
    IMO parents up till the age of 18 should be charged as well as the kids for violent crimes. Until parents take responsibility for their children’s actions they have no reason to care thus the cycle of “Throw Away” kids continues and the problem persists.
    Simply put if Jr. kills little Johnny then mom and pop are charged as accessories to the crime; they should have taught Jr. better than to kill, rob and rape folks.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    IMO parents up till the age of 18 should be charged as well as the kids for violent crimes.

On the surface, I think that's a good idea for all crimes. Get the parents involved again. They could serve time with their kids from Friday at 6 to Sunday at 11 so they could keep their jobs. It would send a message to indifferent & irresponsible parents.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    On the surface, I think that's a good idea for all crimes. Get the parents involved again. They could serve time with their kids from Friday at 6 to Sunday at 11 so they could keep their jobs. It would send a message to indifferent & irresponsible parents.

Too many parents these days have kids but don't raise children. They let public schools, TV and video games raise their kids.
    IMO here is the 1st break down in modern society!

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I want to say there was a case in Michigan where a parent went to jail with or instead of their kid. I'll have to google it later. Although I like the idea, I haven't given it as much thought as it deserves.

On the gun control part, I think disarming citizens, putting them on the dole, giving them excuses for being failures, not attaching shame to their life choices, not opening judging people were all raindrops in this flood.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    So. . . . hmmm

I don't think the "community failed them" is any excuse to go to crime. People have lost their shame and pride. Times are hard, so what. Its life. Life is hard. Deal with it.

You go to crime, terrorize and shoot at other people, and someone ought to shoot you where you stand. People should hunt you, not the other way around.

EDIT: This isn't the first generation of parents that have basically been apathetic about their children. it won't be the last.

Top Bottom