• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I have bipods on all my rifles. Very nice.
    Thanks. Zeroing should be easier now. I tried using a bench rest at the range Thursday and it was a pain. I got pretty good groups at 50 and 100 yards, but the bipod is more stable, which should help me make even better groups.

Glockster69, Hubby and I will be in Texas at the end of May for the Hog hunt. I got 3 boxes of ammo at Bass Pro Shops today. 2 boxes of Hornady and a box of Fusion. Maybe a trip to the range tomorrow to practice

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Glockster69, Hubby and I will be in Texas at the end of May for the Hog hunt. I got 3 boxes of ammo at Bass Pro Shops today. 2 boxes of Hornady and a box of Fusion. Maybe a trip to the range tomorrow to practice
    I was (watching) heli-hoggin and all the 7mm ammo was burned up by one guy for @ 5 pigs. He was such a hog :rolleyes:

I remembered early May, my bad. Have Texas size fun.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    what is this about hog hunt?
    Coming to Texas from Vegas to meet friends(they are flying in from North Carolina) for a Hog Hunt end of May. We were a group of 8, but 4 have dropped out. So, 4 of us are going to a ranch near Centerville for a Hog hunt. All the hogs, varmints, and predators we can get. I don't plan on going after anything but hogs. I couldn't even think of shooting a bobcat, I have pet cats at home. It just wouldn't seem right.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Coming to Texas from Vegas to meet friends(they are flying in from North Carolina) for a Hog Hunt end of May. We were a group of 8, but 4 have dropped out. So, 4 of us are going to a ranch near Centerville for a Hog hunt. All the hogs, varmints, and predators we can get. I don't plan on going after anything but hogs. I couldn't even think of shooting a bobcat, I have pet cats at home. It just wouldn't seem right.

them bobcats would gladly eat your cats. Put them down if you see any.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I couldn't even think of shooting a bobcat, I have pet cats at home. It just wouldn't seem right.
    I've lived out here since '09 but I've been coming out here since @ 1975 and I've seen one bobcat. Your chances of seeing one, much less making a shot are pretty slim.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I've lived out here since '09 but I've been coming out here since @ 1975 and I've seen one bobcat. Your chances of seeing one, much less making a shot are pretty slim.

I like the fact that my chances are slim on seeing any bobcats. Well, there IS one that I'm guaranteed to see, it's a specimen on top of the fridge in the cabin we're staying in at the ranch
    View attachment 19642

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    House cats would gladly eat you if they could find a good recipe... Let the bobcats be.

I had to take and pass a hunter education course here in Nevada so I can get a hunting license in Texas. I had a study guide and a workbook which had to be completed and turned in the day of the class. While I was working on it, my cats would come sit on or lie down on the study guide, making it impossible to get anything done. I had to promise them I wouldn't hunt any bobcats while on the trip, only HOGS. After that, they stopped interrupting my studies. I passed the class and got my wallet card, which enables me to purchase a hunting license when I get to Texas

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I had to take and pass a hunter education course here in Nevada so I can get a hunting license in Texas. I had a study guide and a workbook which had to be completed and turned in the day of the class. While I was working on it, my cats would come sit on or lie down on the study guide, making it impossible to get anything done. I had to promise them I wouldn't hunt any bobcats while on the trip, only HOGS. After that, they stopped interrupting my studies. I passed the class and got my wallet card, which enables me to purchase a hunting license when I get to Texas

th?id=H.5028226477524580&pid=1.jpg

:p

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'm thinking of taking it off my 10/22 to force me to get to basics more. I don't have one on my other rifles.

To me a bipod makes a rifle "ready to go" on short notice. I went to the range the other day and didn't need any bags. That is how I prefer it. Bipod deployed and offhand under the butt. Ready to shoot.

I do need to get some good slings to lock the rifles in. That is my next step.

Top Bottom