Guns International

Liberty Rod and Gun Club Silencer shoot - Saturday, April 9 - Night Vision Session

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX

www.TexasGunTrust.com attended the night session of the Liberty Rod & Gun Club's 4th Annual silencer Shoot. This was an overcast, dark night and the video was filmed with a PVS-14 mounted on a Canon 7D. The scintilation is an inication of how little ambient light was present. For the most part, the shoot was conducted with passive NV. Occasionally an active IR source can be seen. Targets were set from 75 yards to 260 yards. Blackhawk targets are set at 100, 230 and 260 yards. The 230 and 260 yard Blackhawk reseting targets can be seen in the left of the scene. The targets are painted black so they are more visible to passive NV.

The PVS-22 in front of an IOR 3-18, the D930 in front of a Leupold and a D-740 on a 6.8mm were used to engage the targets from 100 to 260 yards. There were a couple of PVS-14s mounted behind NV compatible EOTechs.

One of the shooters had a FLIR handheld thermal unit.

Overall, this was a good test of the various systems. The fact that most any one of the shooters could pick up the PVS-27/IOR combo or the D930/Leupold Combo and repeatedly his the 230 and 260 yard Blackhawk targets is a good indicator of the abilities of the clip-on/Slip-on systems.
    Lynx Defense

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Re: Liberty Rod and Gun Club Silencer shoot - Saturday, April 9 - Night Vision Sessio

How did you like shooting at those distances in the pitch black night?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Re: Liberty Rod and Gun Club Silencer shoot - Saturday, April 9 - Night Vision Sessio

Amazing. I think my run was from about 2:10 to 2:40s or so in the video. I just remember going between the 230 and 260 pop-ups and hitting them every time. When you asked me to go to the 100 it was boringly easy.

Things looked better in on the rifle than they do in the video. I was looking at branches and leaves of bushes not blobs. Without illumination it was fantastic then someone hit the IR lights and things really popped out for me.

Par this with a hand held thermal and hog hunting would be better than you could dream of in the daytime and they couldn't see you coming.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

Wanted to head out and set some stumps on fire ... ended up having to stay in Austin :(

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX

It is amazing how different the scene looks to the eye v. the camera's sensor.

Top Bottom