Libertarians! Weigh in on the death penalty here.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So I am extremely pro life when it comes to the unborn.

Being a conservative (not one of you libertarians) I am supposed to believe in the death penalty.

Well when I roll deep with my Pro-Life Catholic friends they often remind us advocates for the unborn that they believe we should be against the death penalty as well as it is not a "natural" end to life. That has been weighing on me spiritually.

My faith and politics are connected. I am only joking about 49% when I talk about theocracy. So that makes me think of my libertarian friends. Is it an excessive exercise of force for the government to take the life of its citizens if those citizens commit and are convicted of certain crimes?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    First off, conservative and libertarian are not different things. They don't have to be anyways.

To your question, I have no beef with the death penalty. Someone who is willing to intentionally violate another persons right to life has no place among us and does not deserve free room, board, food, or health care for the next 50+ years.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its weird because say we had 1000 people on a boat. There is a guy who murders people on the boat. Well what is the only reasonable thing to do with him? He needs to go over board.

But in our country its almost like...we are less connected to each other and less affected by what some murderer does if he doesnt live near you.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Being a real conservative (right of republican/aligned with the libertarians) and the libertarian party not a threat in a 2 party system. I don't know if I qualify to answer but I'm pro death penalty. There's nothing in the constitution against it and it would save us money. Why do we have life in prison anyway? Let's save some money and inject them.
    Let the free live free. Don't make me pay anymore to keep murderers and other lifers alive.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    You willing to take some ones right to life away (for no valid reason protecting you, your property, etc..)? You gave up yours in he process. Kill 'em.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Choot 'em!
    I have no issue with the death penalty.

As far as expanding it to child molesters and rapists?
    I initially agreed until I thought of an alternative punishment.
    Rapists get a 4" O.D. rusted pipe shoved 8" in their oriface of choice.
    Child molesters get genetalia mutilation...

Edit: and then imprisonment for both after punishments. (It'll also cut down on rapes inside prisons! Which is good news for everyone who drops the soap a lot!!!!)

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Choot 'em!
    I have no issue with the death penalty.

As far as expanding it to child molesters and rapists?
    I initially agreed until I thought of an alternative punishment.
    Rapists get a 4" O.D. rusted pipe shoved 8" in their oriface of choice.
    Child molesters get genetalia mutilation...

I don't agree with that stuff. Just get rid of them and be done with it.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It seems to me that in more primitive times...it was a necessity. You have a small group of people you cannot tolerate any crime. Like if you are living near starvation and someone steals the last bag of grain...that guy out of necessity may have to die.

Now our society is so much more stable and sanitized where we can essentially tolerate (and "afford" ) having bad people just locked away from the rest of us.

Last edited:

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    To your question, I have no beef with the death penalty. Someone who is willing to intentionally violate another persons right to life has no place among us and does not deserve free room, board, food, or health care for the next 50+ years.
    +1
    Preaching to the choir.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It seems to me that in more primitive times...it was a necessity. You have a small group of people you cannot tolerate any crime. Like if you are living near starvation and someone steals the last bag of grain...that guy out of necessity may have to die.

Now our society is so much more stable and sanitized where we can essentially tolerate (and "afford") having bad people just locked away from the rest of us.

Problem is, they don't stay locked up. "Life sentence" is a misnomer because many get out long before their life ends, and commit more crimes.

This is made worse by overcrowding in prisons, so we release criminals to make room for other criminals. Then it just becomes a rotation. Very few are "rehabilitated" in a prison. You don't rehabilitate someone by putting them in a cage full if people who are doing the same things. Nor do I think we should even try to rehabilitate murderers, child molesters, or rapists.

I've got more thoughts but gotta drive.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Illinois passed a temporary hahahahahahaha income tax hike a few years ago. It was supposed to phase back down to 3.5% but now the dems who control the state say it has to stay at 5% or they will have to release 1000s of prisoners.

Prisoners throughout history have been used by governments to control and/or terrorize the population. Our gov isnt above that.

Top Bottom