• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSinfulSaint

TheSinfulSaint
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    McKinney
    I met a gentleman at the range who was shooting big bore reloads which he made and we got to talking about reloading/firearm related stuff. I asked him about letting others shoot his reloads and he whips out a liability waiver form (multiple copies) and proceeds to tell me that he always gets these filled before he lets anyone near his reloads. This includes friends and relatives. I was a little surprised because I don't think anyone would be willing to sign any such document and this would not go well among friends/family no matter how well they know each other.

Hopefully it never comes to this but also not sure how well such document hold up in the court of law. To each his own but this just surprised me as I have not known or heard any private reloader who does this. But then again I have been reloading just last 2+ years..

Personally I never let anyone shoot my reloads. I always have factory ammo for friends and family.

Anyone seen/heard this before?

- Saint

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I met a gentleman at the range who was shooting big bore reloads which he made and we got to talking about reloading/firearm related stuff. I asked him about letting others shoot his reloads and he whips out a liability waiver form (multiple copies) and proceeds to tell me that he always gets these filled before he lets anyone near his reloads. This includes friends and relatives. I was a little surprised because I don't think anyone would be willing to sign any such document and this would not go well among friends/family no matter how well they know each other.

Hopefully it never comes to this but also not sure how well such document hold up in the court of law. To each his own but this just surprised me as I have not known or heard any private reloader who does this. But then again I have been reloading just last 2+ years..

Personally I never let anyone shoot my reloads. I always have factory ammo for friends and family.

Anyone seen/heard this before?

- Saint
    Probably requires a BOS.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    carry-a-spare-lawyer.jpg

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Devil's Advocate :what: side:

Some folks think reloaded ammo should be nearly free- few cents in powder, few cents in primer, free lead wheel weights. Not in 2024, lol.

Plain and simple: This waiver might reduce the number of folks wanting to shoot his ammo. There is little to no money in selling reloads anymore, with component prices where they are.

Protecting his interests: He'd have to load a truckload or 2 of ammo to cover one lawsuit, which may not even have been of the loader's doing- might be customer's gun wasn't up to spec and had issues.

Even with a waiver, there are exceptions to waivers:

Negligent or Intentional Misconduct: A signed waiver often protects the other party from the legal consequences of ordinary negligence. However, this protection does not extend to cases of gross negligence or intentional wrongdoing. If you can demonstrate that the party's actions were either recklessly negligent or deliberately harmful, the waiver will not shield them from liability. Might be as simple as: rifle and pistol powder sitting in similar black bottles on the bench.

I know one guy who used to be a professional reloader, and he quit to focus on just cleaning guns now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Devil's Advocate :what: side:

Some folks think reloaded ammo should be nearly free- few cents in powder, few cents in primer, free lead wheel weights. Not in 2024, lol.

Plain and simple: This waiver might reduce the number of folks wanting to shoot his ammo. There is little to no money in selling reloads anymore, with component prices where they are.

Protecting his interests: He'd have to load a truckload or 2 of ammo to cover one lawsuit, which may not even have been of the loader's doing- might be customer's gun wasn't up to spec and had issues.

Even with a waiver, there are exceptions to waivers:

Negligent or Intentional Misconduct: A signed waiver often protects the other party from the legal consequences of ordinary negligence. However, this protection does not extend to cases of gross negligence or intentional wrongdoing. If you can demonstrate that the party's actions were either recklessly negligent or deliberately harmful, the waiver will not shield them from liability. Might be as simple as: rifle and pistol powder sitting in similar black bottles on the bench.

I know one guy who used to be a professional reloader, and he quit to focus on just cleaning guns now.
    Selling reloads is illegal unless licensed.

If he just doesn’t want to share due to cost, man up and say no instead of being a little bitch about it.

If he’s really that scared of an injury, probably needs to take more care when reloading. I wouldn’t shoot reloads if I were worried they might blow up in someone’s face.

Top Bottom