• ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Hello,

I have posted this on the Marlin board and have yet to get a solution. I have purchased a new big loop lever from Marlin. The lever is identical to the original. The problem I am having is that the lever is not engaging the carrier. I have disassembled the rifle and I can not find any issues. The carrier is not binding and I can move it freely. It is just the lever (stock or new) will not engage the lever. Anyone here run into the problem? Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bill
    ARJ Defense ad

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I found an armorers course for the Marlin 30-30 and 1894. I don't know how much difference there is with the internals. I do know that you have to get the bolt to a certain place in the reciever and slide the lever into it. You can work it back and forth a little to see if it lined up correctly and then put the lever screw back in. But heres the link. YouTube - AGI 126 Marlin 1894 & 336 Leveraction Rifle Armorer's Course

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Actually the problem was me. The lever contacts the carrier close to end of the cycle. If you walk it threw slowly the carrier only moves a little bit. So after I installed the new lever. I was slow cycling the gun which in turn did not move the carrier sufficiently. It would not chamber a round. So you need a little more zip in the lever throw. At least that is what my conclusion was.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom