• ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Joe Testa, known here as popsgarland, passed away yesterday.

His last post was here and it's customary that we all drop by and give it a like.

More important, though, is that we recognize our loss. Those of you who knew him better than me, please post a memory in this thread. When we lose one of our own, remembering how he made our lives better is comforting.

I will post any information I receive here, particularly the wishes of the family, as I receive it.

We are diminished.

Last edited:

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    He said he was getting better. I am at a loss.

I'm at a loss too, Rick. He sounded so much better when I talked to him Thursday.

Last year, when we were having trouble with our foundation, Joe helped us immensely with his expertise, through phone calls, images, advice; he saved us thousands. Generous loving man, who became our friend; we even exchanged Christmas cards, lol. I wish we could have met him and Debbie in person, yet calls & texts & PMs & emails shared adventures and joy.

He never got over the loss of his son. If there's a bright spot to any of this, it's that they are together now, riding with the angels, at God's own speed. :)

We love ya, Joe. Just sayin.
    1000000194.jpg

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I met Pops at at least one reunion, great guy and had fun. When my dog was shot, he called and was a shoulder when needed. I know he was one of the ones that helped with her vet bills too.
    He was a good man and a friend. Even when he didn't have to be. We are less without him. He will be missed.

RIP Pops. You earned it.

Ben, please pass my condolences to the family.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom