• ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It is with a very heavy heart that I must report that John Dunn, on this forum known as MetalCutter, passed away on the morning of September 18, 2024.

John was an absolutely great guy who never failed to make me feel welcome at IHMSA shooting matches. We traded stories and talked guns at length. When I found metal working attachments for lathes and other such items at garage or estate sales, he was always willing to either advise me what a dummy I was for buying them or take them off my hands at a fair price. He got me a formal invitation to join the Tomball Gun Club, an incredibly valuable thing that I, to my shame, never acted on.

In short, he was really, really good people and I considered him a personal friend.

As is our custom here on Texas Gun Talk, his last post was here and it would be nice if everybody dropped by to give it a like. He hadn't posted for a while but we all know that's not important; many members take an occasional long hiatus. Knowing that he won't be back is what hurts.

If I hear anything about services or family needs, I'll pass along the information here.

Now tell us your stories about him. It's time to share the ways he made our lives better.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    "When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: 'Death has been swallowed up in victory.'" —1 Corinthians 15:54-55

Prayers for John's family.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I hopped in the WAY BACK machine and went digging and found this picture of a great time with @MetalCutter and his then younger son.
    1726779274028.jpeg

Top Bottom