• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    It's not complicated at all - slower traffic stays to the right. The speed limit is irrelevant; if you're being passed to the right or blocking traffic behind you then please move your ass over when possible. It doesn't matter if you're doing 100 mph in the left lane - if everyone else is doing 105 then you are slower traffic and should move over.

15rnq80.jpg

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It's not complicated at all - slower traffic stays to the right. The speed limit is irrelevant; if you're being passed to the right or blocking traffic behind you then please move your ass over when possible. It doesn't matter if you're doing 100 mph in the left lane - if everyone else is doing 105 then you are slower traffic and should move over.

15rnq80.jpg
    We have a winner!!!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Ya know, I'm from the east coast even even I think San Antonio drivers are too damn aggressive. Normally if I'm in the left lane I'm going less than 10% over the posted speed limit (so as to not get a ticket) and normally I get out of the way of people but sometimes you get that one aggressive doucher that wants to ride my bumper. In that case I ease off the cruise control and cruise at 5 under. Cuz you know what? I'm never in a hurry. Always got just a little bit of time set aside to ruin someone's day.

What's wrong with being in any of the other lanes? What's so attractive about the left lane to you if you have these issues?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    At no time did she break a traffic law so she didn't get a ticket.

So say you are in that situation with a cop aggressively tailgating you and you can't change lanes. What would you do?

Actually, she DID break a traffic law. The rule is that slower traffic moves right. Period. You, I, nor anyone else is empowered to determine (or have the calibrated equipment and legal right) that the speed you are travelling entitles you to drive in the left lane and ignore traffic behind you. Notice the signs on the highway - they say "Slower traffic keep right". Not "Unless you are going the speed limit". So yeah - a cop CAN pull you over for impeding traffic even if you ARE going the posted speed limit.

If a cop's behind me, I yield. Period. That's what the law says to do.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    If a cop's behind me, I yield. Period. That's what the law says to do.

While on a trip home from Florida, I pulled into the left lane to pass an 18-wheeler and next thing I know I have a Mississippi state trooper right on my bumper. I checked way back before changing lanes so he must have been hauling ass before he got to me. So he's right behind me, I'm still next to the truck, so the only option left was to complete the pass well above the speed limit (doing about 80-85 at this point). As soon as I got around the truck and prepared to pull over and take my medicine, he opened up that Charger and just disappeared!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ....and he likely recognized that fact - and had a more urgent call he was responding to. Most cops are pretty understanding - it's when you ignore their presence that they tend ta git kinda upset.....<G>

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas

15rnq80.jpg

I don't have any issue moving over for people going faster than I am. I'm not the road police. This arrogant butthead would just make me NOT want to move over. My FU gene would kick in. I travel between San Antonio and Austin daily and back. Typically, the trip is uneventful and very friendly. It's rare but the occasional left lane moron crops up. With three lanes all the way each way, it's typically not a problem to go around them.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Funny Stuff.

Who cares what the speed limit is (why do we need speed limits again?). If they're moving faster then me I just get over. Really not a big deal. I just assume they're in a hurry. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

What I hate are the douches that shoot back and forth between lanes and act like drunk teenagers...especially in traffic. News flash, no one's going anywhere. Oh and those street bikers who pop wheelies on the freeway. Makes me want to throw a stick in their spokes.
    YouTube - Yakety Sax- Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase

[video]http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=gtyic1TcQas#t=1m12s[/video]

Top Bottom