• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This officer deserves a medal. ;) This perfectly sums up how I'm sure most of us feel when we see some moron sitting in the left lane blocking traffic:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXc5ODyRWNQ[/video]
    Venture Surplus ad

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    That was great! What a wonderful officer! I HATE left lane nazis with a passion. I"m not a speeder and I don't care about being out in front but damn if they've got some slow lanes there..................they should damn well use them.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Ya know, I'm from the east coast even even I think San Antonio drivers are too damn aggressive. Normally if I'm in the left lane I'm going less than 10% over the posted speed limit (so as to not get a ticket) and normally I get out of the way of people but sometimes you get that one aggressive doucher that wants to ride my bumper. In that case I ease off the cruise control and cruise at 5 under. Cuz you know what? I'm never in a hurry. Always got just a little bit of time set aside to ruin someone's day.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It's funny to see the interpretation of the law. Maximum speed is the posted speed. Minimum freeway speed is usually 45 MPH. The right lane is for vehicles traveling at or near the minimum speed. The far left lane is never for breaking the law. Having said all this I usually drive in the right lane because people think it's ok to break the law if you are in the left lane.

What I saw on the video was a motorist impeding a cop by driving the speed limit. When you see a cop pull up behind you on the freeway everyone slows down. If your in the left lane and everyone is keeping pace you get boxed in and cant pull to the right. You then either accelerate to pass a car and risk a ticket or slow down and get tailgated by the cop. That's what the driver did... At no time did she break a traffic law so she didn't get a ticket. Ed to say I looked at the video again and a SUV does have her blocked in the left lane so the car can't move over without slowing or breaking the law. It looks like car is slowing to fall behind the SUV when the cop lights them up. They yield and the cop blows around them.

So say you are in that situation with a cop aggressively tailgating you and you can't change lanes. What would you do?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Accelerate past and move over. Most officers aren't going to hassle someone that accelerates a little bit so they can move a lane over and get out of the officer's way. What you shouldn't do is just sit there and keep blocking them. Slowing down isn't really an option either.

Top Bottom