• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I walk into a range, pay my fees, and get assigned a lane. Based on the gunfire (specifically, lack thereof), I can tell it's not busy. Good, just the way I like it.

I go to my lane, only to find its directly next to one of the only people at the range. Damnit...

An alternative version of that is im the only guy in the entire bay/area/section, there are half a dozen lanes on either side of me, or I'm even near the end. New person/people come in, and start setting up next to me. Seriously?

Maybe it's just that I don't like people, but really, what the ****? Are you so lazy you don't want to walk an extra 30 feet to ensure weapons are safe during a cease fire period? To top it off, a lot of RSOs seem to get indignant when you ask them if you can change lanes.

All I want is a little space.

/rant
    Texas SOT

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    At my normal range I can see the board. I go during the week so it isn't an issue but I would ask to get moved if I was being placed next to another shooter.

I prefer Hicksville where there are no lane assignments.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    My regular range does a pretty good job at keeping space between everyone, though when its busy, there is nothing that can be done. Hence I go during the week. :)

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    My local range has lane sticks that they're supposed to hand you after you sign in, and they're usually pretty good about keeping space between shooters. I just wish the lane dividers were more substantial - last time I went, I kept catching brass from the guy to my left. Nothing sucks like getting a freshly fired 9mm casing hung up on the frame of your glasses.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Y'all talking ranges or toilets???
    I think for most inconsiderate goobers there's no difference.

Unwritten rule, skip at least one lane or bathroom stall, when at all possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I don't go to the range much, but when I do, I ask for the lane next to the wall on the right hand side. It's almost always open unless the place is packed.

I'm more worried about the novice shooter who turns there pistol 90° to the left to stare at their no fire with their finger still on the trigger than I am about hot brass. I can step forward or back to get out of the way of incoming casings.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Y'all talking ranges or toilets???
    I think for most inconsiderate goobers there's no difference.

Unwritten rule, skip at least one lane or bathroom stall, when at all possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    and don't look..
    Or make eye contact

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Kinda like bowling. I always get put next to the tattoo people drinking a ton of alchol and being obnoxious.

Uht oh....3...2...1....

Getting ready for a thread derailment

Top Bottom