• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Anyone local work with kydex I live in the temple area and am wondering if anyone knows how to make a sheath for knives using kydex. Or if anyone has some good tips on how to make them throw em out here.
    Target Sports

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Chris Daigle is a knifemaker (and super nice guy) in the Houston area. Look on the gallery on his web site: ..:: DAIGLE KNIVES ::..

About the third knife down the page is a push knife with a kydex sheath. (I own the knife pictured below that.)

I've used kydex, but Chris is really good at it.

Alternatively, you can look on the web site for texas knifemakers supply. I think they have a description of how to do it.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    What type of knife? I just got all the tools setup, including the press, my ghetto rigged drill press with my grandfather's 50+y/o drill ;), arbor press, etc. I've already played around with a few kydex things like a holster, and this stuff sure is fun and easy to mess around with! If it's not a knife I can find locally, PM me and maybe I can help you out. :)

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    What type of knife? I just got all the tools setup, including the press, my ghetto rigged drill press with my grandfather's 50+y/o drill ;), arbor press, etc. I've already played around with a few kydex things like a holster, and this stuff sure is fun and easy to mess around with! If it's not a knife I can find locally, PM me and maybe I can help you out. :)

It's for a tops Stryker defender tool and my ka bar and a ol timer deer slayer I looked around and everyone wants me to send em of. I thought about making my own but it looks a little more intricate than the tools I have.

Top Bottom