• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I haven't been to Red's Pflugerville for a while due to witnessing unsafe practices by a range officer and a general unwelcoming feeling given to customers by employees. This week however, I visited and took a buddy and my stepdad for a few hours to sight in a couple of rifles and was pleasantly surprised by the change in atmosphere. I even fondled a few boomsticks and didn't feel like an inconvenience to someones precious time. Kudos, i'll be back once the ammo crisis is over!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I haven't been to Red's Pflugerville for a while due to witnessing unsafe practices by a range officer and a general unwelcoming feeling given to customers by employees. This week however, I visited and took a buddy and my stepdad for a few hours to sight in a couple of rifles and was pleasantly surprised by the change in atmosphere. I even fondled a few boomsticks and didn't feel like an inconvenience to someones precious time. Kudos, i'll be back once the ammo crisis is over!
    I've visited a few times lately(need to get another frequent shooter card) and the lack of handguns is startling! They barely fill a single row with each caliber(used to fill a three shelf cabinet with each popular caliber). It's my 'go to' range, especially when the weather is iffy. My only complaint is that it's 16 miles away from the house! ;) Oddly, I haven't seen Red in the last three trips...used to see him almost every time. Might try to get by there Friday morning. The range gets packed after lunch on Fridays.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Bought my first gun in TX from Reds just to be able to buy and walk out...ahhh the feeling was heaven coming from the peoples republik... I just can't deal with their prices....way to high.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    5.56 for 8.95 a box? Would love some info on cheaper prices.

I was referring to firearm prices. That's not a bad price for ammo, though. Been a while since I priced anything in there.
    Don't get me wrong, I have purchased 2 guns from them - just don't think they are the cheapest.

gln305

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Lakehills, TX
    They are usually quite a bit cheaper than Cabelas and a tad pricier than Academy. I've found good deals there. Last time I went in it surprised me that their Kimber prices went DOWN.

I was referring to firearm prices. That's not a bad price for ammo, though. Been a while since I priced anything in there.
    Don't get me wrong, I have purchased 2 guns from them - just don't think they are the cheapest.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I was in Red's just the other day for the first time in years. Prices were comparable to what I have seen. I would go again if they were closer to me.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    5.56 for 8.95 a box? Would love some info on cheaper prices.

Last time I tried to buy ammo in Red's they wouldn't sell it unless you were gunna shoot it there. It was an hour and a half wait for range time, but this was South Red's(Oakhill).

A year and a half or so ago, a range officer kept insisting that my gun was an SBR. I was a little snappy after he kept insisting that I had an NFA item. It was an HK53 with a 16" barrel with a fake can over the barrel. I finally told him to call the ATF if he wanted so I could prove him wrong on what I had. I only go there when I don't wanna make the trek to Lone Star. Red's is more expensive to shoot if you want to take your time and shoot multiple weapons. Lone Star's all day rate is comparable to an hour at Red's.

I will say the last few times I've been in there, they were a little nicer and helpful.

I'm really tempted to make a nice burm backstop on my land.

Top Bottom