• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    My 15 year old is starting hint around for a Kel-Tec PMR 30... I've never heard many flattering things about KelTec but maybe they have changed over the years.

Anyone seen and handled one, or got to shoot one?

Kel Tec CNC

b_15d179e7dd7ca525dc1c44dda16dcdf9PMR4.jpg
    DK Firearms

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    That's exactly what I was thinking... I was hoping somebody would chime in that's handled one. I got him a Sig Mosquito last Christmas and hell we've already had to send it in to the factory for service. I would never have suspected that so I ain't gonna knock anything till I hear some first hand info... LOL

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There's someone here on this list that's had theirs back to KelTec several times for repairs. Several other boards I've seen similar (by different posters) reports. That's enough for me....

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    Walther P22. Doesn't look quite as Terminatorish as the one you are looking at, but I have had 5,000+ through mine and have only needed to replace magazines.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    my p22 had so many problems i gave up on it and sold it. a buddies got one in worse shape than mine ever was. im an avid kel-tec fan and have had nothing but luck from all the ones ivee owned but im staying away from the pmr because keltec hasnt had the chance to work out all the bugs yet. the most suprising 22lr ive owned are the 2 phoenix hp-22's i own. one has close to 1k worth of rounds and is trouble free not even a fte or ftl.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm interested in the PMR 30, but don't have any experience with the it yet. I don't like to buy anything when it's on it's first version. Give it a couple years and they'll have the bugs worked out. I have a few Keltecs and don't have any problems with them. They are "cheap" but that's not always a bad thing.

I also had a Sig Mosquito that I didn't like at all. Sigs have been my favorite handguns for a long time, but the Mosquito just didn't measure up. If you want a great plinker, get a Ruger.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The PMR-30 is a newish Kel-Tec. New Kel-Tecs usually have issues which are only discovered after they are mass produced. Kel-Tec customer service is excellent (their guns come with lifetime warrantires) and they will fix these problems and find ways to correct them during manufacturing. I love the KT guys, but I wait a couple of years after their psitols have been street tested before buying. By then all the kinks are worked out.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    ive had hit or miss luck with keltecs but as the other guys have said give them some time i actually like the idea of this gun for a plinker 20 rounds up to 30 round magazines but im not brave enough to pick one up yet

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Theres a guy I subscribe to on youtube that is an iraq vet who just put up a nice review on one. Looks fun. His screen name is iraqveteran8888, check him out.

Top Bottom