Gun Zone Deals

"Katrina" and 5 yrs later, its still Bushs' fault!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    ANOTHER press conference where O-JACKA$$ IS STILL BLAMING BUSH for something that happened 5 years ago!!!!! so UM, what has OBUMMER DONE IN THE LAST 20 mo's to help New Orleans??????????? Um NOTHING!! what a TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention the people running that area ARE'NT TOO BRIGHT!!!!!
    Venture Surplus ad

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Mississippi suffered greatly too. Since that time Galveston has been wiped off the map. In neither of those places is anyone still waiting for the Feds to come make things right for them while complaining about what they didn't get. Both are back to near normal funtioning capacity.

Does anyone feel that in five more years it will be any different in NOLA? A little gumption and hard work go a long way. Instead, a multi-generational entitlement society waits for someone to feed and house them. I'm tired of the news stories and specials with the sad music that reminds me of the ASPCA commercials. Numerous celebrities still beat the drum about Bush, yet Barry has ignored them for about 1/3 of the time since landfall. I'm ready to move on.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Kanye West said:
    George Bush doesn't care about black people.

You know what's funny, Skeeter?

Skeeter said:
    what has OBUMMER DONE IN THE LAST 20 mo's to help New Orleans??????????? Um NOTHING!! what a TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever President Obama extends a hand to help someone in need you scream and yell and complain about it and now when he DOESN'T extend a hand to help someone you scream and yell and complain about it. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Whenever President Obama extends a hand to help someone in need you scream and yell and complain about it and now when he DOESN'T extend a hand to help someone you scream and yell and complain about it. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

I'm glad he hasn't, just surprised is all. He made an issue out of it in his campaign, and I figured he'd be pandering left and right in NOLA.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Whenever President Obama extends a hand to help someone in need you scream and yell and complain about it .
    you totally missed the point CW!! O-JACKA$$ has NO RIGHT to complain about KATRINA ANYMORE considering HE'S BEEN OUR POTUS FOR 20 mo's now!! AND HASNT DONE SH-T TO HELP with the rebuilding!! AGAIN!! WHAT A TOOL!! oh and THANKS for doing the EXPECTED, "Sticking Up for your HERO" AGAIN!!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    You know what's funny, Skeeter?

I have'nt seen anything Obama has done that would directly benefit anyone. He pretty good a government spneding, but that aint helped me or anyone I know. If Obama was to use some of the stimulus money to help the natural disaster areas such as Galveston and New Orleans, I dont think people would complain. Instead, he help Haiti more than he's helped his own country. Im the kind of American that believes in help the homeland first!!!

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find it amazing that, at the time immediately after Katrina, Mayor Nagin was bashing Bush and FEMA, blaming them for the loss of life in New Orleans. He blamed Bush for not getting the people out of the city. What he, NOR the MSM noted, was that none of the Emergency Programs for New Orleans and Louisiana were enacted before Katrina hit. It's not like that hurricane just suddenly appeared or that it suddenly turned to hit Louisiana. New Orleans and Louisiana have EOPs (Emergency Operation Plans) and both include the necessary actions to take in preparation for hurricanes. Nagin and Governor Blanco had the authority by state law to use municipal and school buses to transport those people who didn't have the means to get out. Instead, both of these asswipes sat on their hands with their heads up their asses and did nothing

The result? Hundreds of buses that could have been used and weren't sitting flooded.

floodedbusesinneworleanbh6.jpg

But did you hear anything about that in the MSM? NO. They all sucked up to Nagin and reported on his whining about a problem that HE was responsible for and no one blamed him. Bush and FEMA got the blame for Nagin's (and Blanco's) failure.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I spent a week doing evacuations and medical care in NOLA starting two days after the hurricane. One thing was obvious. The locals had no plan. They let their people down and then shifted the blame. FEMA's response certainly left a lot to be desired, but it was infinitely better than Nagin's or Blanco's plan. The Fed's kept asking her to request help and she declined. In Baton Rouge, the EOC was in shambles. They (the State) had no concept of disaster coordination.

When I say disaster plan, I'm refering to a written disaster plan like this:

http://www.disasterreadyaustin.com/clients/2333/309923.pdf

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Obama can (and does) say ridicules things and blame others, and that no doubt comes from the teachings of Saul Alinsky. But fact of the matter on Katrina and the Oil spill, is those people most directly effected (the people of N.O.) say Obama failed miserably in showing leadership during the oil spill, and although Bush was not perfect after Katrina, they think he did a much better job as compared to Obama. The american people are wising up the the telepropter wizard.

Poll: Bush handled Katrina better than Obama dealt with oil spill | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I spent a week doing evacuations and medical care in NOLA starting two days after the hurricane. One thing was obvious. The locals had no plan. They let their people down and then shifted the blame. FEMA's response certainly left a lot to be desired, but it was infinitely better than Nagin's or Blanco's plan. The Fed's kept asking her to request help and she declined. In Baton Rouge, the EOC was in shambles. They (the State) had no concept of disaster coordination.

When I say disaster plan, I'm refering to a written disaster plan like this:

http://www.disasterreadyaustin.com/clients/2333/309923.pdf

I lived down there in the mid 90's working off Shore. One of the local facts was " Some day, the big one is going to hit and New Orleans will be trashed". No planning on their part for something they knew was going to happen is their own damn fault!! A solid week before Katrina hit, people were being told to GET OUT!! I dont see how the stupidity of the public can be anyones fault.. I was actually in the gulf one time during a tropical storm, and it sucked!!!! South La. people all knew that the big one was comming, and as individuals they should have had a plan and enough sence to get out of its way....

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    If obummer had been in New Orleans during that storm and flooding he could have been like the little Dutch Boy and stuck his finger in the dike and saved the city. Wake up ! You can't help they who won't help themselves....

And Bush ? Here's what he did in Texas: Replaced the scuzziest, loudmouth leftist Governor of the 20th Century. Brought common sense back to Texas Government, And as Governor had a Lt. Governor who is now the GOVERNOR OF TEXAS, and whom conservative Texans will vote to beat the liberal White from Houston...Oh, I have been accused of being to the right of Atilla The Hun...Is old time Texas Conservative that far right ?

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    And Bush ? Here's what he did in Texas: Replaced the scuzziest, loudmouth leftist Governor of the 20th Century. Brought common sense back to Texas Government, And as Governor had a Lt. Governor who is now the GOVERNOR OF TEXAS, and whom conservative Texans will vote to beat the liberal White from Houston.

That about covers it.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    If obummer had been in New Orleans during that storm and flooding he could have been like the little Dutch Boy and stuck his finger in the dike and saved the city. Wake up ! You can't help they who won't help themselves....

And Bush ? Here's what he did in Texas: Replaced the scuzziest, loudmouth leftist Governor of the 20th Century. Brought common sense back to Texas Government, And as Governor had a Lt. Governor who is now the GOVERNOR OF TEXAS, and whom conservative Texans will vote to beat the liberal White from Houston...Oh, I have been accused of being to the right of Atilla The Hun...Is old time Texas Conservative that far right ?
    I actually left Texas when that loud mouth was in office!!! I got put on probation for a year because I kicked two punks ass's at a Grill/cafe one night. The idiots walked up to me and started running their mouths!! So I beat their ass's. I didnt haul ass either. I paid my bill and waited for the cops to show up. I felt like I needed to press charges on the punks. Even though I had several people saying I didnt do anything but defend myself, my ass got thrown in jail!!!! WTF??? When I went to court I felt like it would go my way but I found out the "LAW" stated I had to attempt to retreat!!!
    As a result I got 1 years probation and didnt have to report to anybody. If I got into any kind of trouble at all, I would have gotton at least 1 year in prison!!! I decided Texas wasnt a good place for me to be and moved my ass to Louisana!!!
    That load mouth old hag didnt do a damn thing that help Texas.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

The City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana have no one to blame but themselves. It was an inevitable event, that happened, and the lack of preparation and leadership got people killed. At the point you have thousands dead or injured, you have to put yourself aside, and do what is best for the people. You've already screwed up, be a man and FIX the situation. Instead, people looked around for someone to blame, and Bush being at the top of the pole got blamed. If it would have been Obama, it would have been his fault.

It's easy to blame someone else, but it takes a real man to step in and do something about it. Frankly, at the point the entire situation was FUBARed between the 200 individual groups trying to work it out the military is the only solution. One chain of command, instant field operations capable, with mobile communication infrastructure already in place.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    it's no ones fault but the idiots who didn't leave, and the ones there for not helping their own people they had time and warning, and no where in the constitution does it say protect them from natural disaster and the fact that they are to damn stupid to help or save them selves, blaming bush for the friggin hurricane problems is stupid why can't people grow up and blame the people who were there and didn't help and the ones who didn't leave, oh and let's not forget the damn hurricane anyone remember that was actually what caused all this.

Top Bottom