• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I ran across someone who mentioned Ka-Bar sold a re-handle kit for the USMC style fighting knife. I'm apparently google illiterate. Does anyone know anything about this or can provide a link for me? I'm looking to change my shift knob to a Ka-Bar handle. I saw this in a magazine, but it was for a threaded 3/8" shaft. My shaft is splined and larger than 3/8". Instead of spending $60 and then drilling it out, I thought why not just make my own, but that's proving more difficult than I first imagined.

Also, if any of you have a damaged Ka-Bar you are willing to part with, I might be interested in that as well. I'm just looking for a handle.
    Venture Surplus ad

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It's been awhile, but isn't that nothing but leather rings pressed together between the guard and the buttcap?

So is there a smaller size ring that gets the shoe polish to give it the stripes? If so, then that's 4 different parts I'll need to come buy.

Thanks for the link. That's a good start. I'll measure my Ka-Bar to see if those are the right dimensions, then look around that site for the other parts.

Semper Fi.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom