• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I ran across someone who mentioned Ka-Bar sold a re-handle kit for the USMC style fighting knife. I'm apparently google illiterate. Does anyone know anything about this or can provide a link for me? I'm looking to change my shift knob to a Ka-Bar handle. I saw this in a magazine, but it was for a threaded 3/8" shaft. My shaft is splined and larger than 3/8". Instead of spending $60 and then drilling it out, I thought why not just make my own, but that's proving more difficult than I first imagined.

Also, if any of you have a damaged Ka-Bar you are willing to part with, I might be interested in that as well. I'm just looking for a handle.
    Capitol Armory ad

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    It's been awhile, but isn't that nothing but leather rings pressed together between the guard and the buttcap?

So is there a smaller size ring that gets the shoe polish to give it the stripes? If so, then that's 4 different parts I'll need to come buy.

Thanks for the link. That's a good start. I'll measure my Ka-Bar to see if those are the right dimensions, then look around that site for the other parts.

Semper Fi.

Top Bottom