• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chanse122

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Abilene, TX
    What all will I need to swap an uncut barrel k98 back to original look? I know I will need a stock, bayonet stud/pin and a sight hood for sure. Idk what other parts I will require either. I am not worried about prices as the Sporterized k98 was under $600 and at this point do not care if it is mix matched as far as numbers go.
    Hurley's Gold

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    What all will I need to swap an uncut barrel k98 back to original look? I know I will need a stock, bayonet stud/pin and a sight hood for sure. Idk what other parts I will require either. I am not worried about prices as the Sporterized k98 was under $600 and at this point do not care if it is mix matched as far as numbers go.
    Depends - my sporterized K98k is all-matching but has been drilled and tapped for a scope, has an aftermarket stock, and the bolt handle was replaced with a sporter type for scope clearance, so all that would have to be changed. Of course, since it was my grandfather's - who hand-selected it from a pile of them in Europe during the war and shipped it back - I wouldn't change it. Well, except for installing the NOS Danish 7.62 NATO barrel so I don't have to stock 8 mm Mauser!

Eli

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    There's such a huge variation in what was typically done during sporterization it's hard to say what all may need to be done without pictures.

Top Bottom