• Sell M1 and ammo for 5.56 and training

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

will083031

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    san antonio
    Hi, everyone I just received two rifles and ammo from one of my renters who is moving back to Europe, the first one is a Russian SKS 1951 all matching numbers with a gold bayonet with about 900-1000rounds of ammo and the second one is a Springfield M1 Garand with 500 rounds in embolcks. I guess being nice has its advantages, but on rifles, I do not know if they are worth selling or keeping .I am thinking of selling one of the rifles & ammo, and use funds for ammo for AR rifle and a training class.
    Lynx Defense

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    A numbers matching Russian SKS is worth a good bit of cash also.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Keep the Garand. Sell the SKS because, well, it's just an SKS and there are millions more where that came from. The Garand is just such a nicer gun.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Keep the Garand. Sell the SKS because, well, it's just an SKS and there are millions more where that came from. The Garand is just such a nicer gun.

Yeah, but if the Garand is a Springfield, there are odds that it's a modern rifle and not a military weapon.

Is the Springfield a Springfield Armory Inc. rifle? Check the serial number and cross-reference it. U.S. Military Dates of Manufacture You can buy a brand-new Springfield Garand.

Partychief67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fannin County, Texas
    For sure keep that Garand! But I will qualify my advice with a question, what sort of training are seeking that will require all the ammo your looking to bankroll by the sale of those two rifles?

will083031

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    san antonio
    For sure keep that Garand! But I will qualify my advice with a question, what sort of training are seeking that will require all the ammo your looking to bankroll by the sale of those two rifles?
    I have taken a tactical class last year at Bluffdale firearms with Steve Moses and wanted to take a few classes that are more advanced at either tiger valley or CAST with Paul Howe, and if not mistaken you need around 1200-1500 rounds of ammo.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Tim Miller at Lucy Creek Arms www.lucycreekarms.com in Lampasas seems like a good teacher. I have met him a couple times and took my CHL renewal with him. I haven't taken any other classes with him, but being in a smaller town it may be a little easier on the wallet. He seems very tactically knowledgeable.

will083031

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    san antonio
    Just talked with my ex-renter about the SKS rifle, he had a paper with rifle but he does not know what happened to it the gold bayonet is a rust inhabiting agent applied by the Soviets. Rifle has not been refurbed it is all original with proof marks and all matching numbers and hardwood stock.

gcrisp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Menard, Texas
    There are tons of SKS's out there right now, since about 15 years ago you could pick one up for about $100. I have 2 of them actually. You may be able to get a decent price out of it now, and the ammo too. I would keep the Grand. I have one and its an awesome rifle and tons of fun to shoot.

Top Bottom