Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Right here
    I figured if I had to ask I couldn't afford it, you saved me from asking. Thanks. An it appears to boot, I can't afford it.

myroverleaks

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 17, 2020
    North Dallas area
    I have two CTR-02 uppers in 5.56/223 and 6.5 Grendel. They are both sub moa all day long with the Grendel being a little better. They are competition riffles that are built to run fast and flawless. Here is a nice video on one

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Anyone have one of these rifles that can offer up a review?

I don't have one, but I've shot one a few times (the top-charging model, IIRC it's the 23 version or something?). A friend competes in long-range shooting, and uses it for what he calls mid-range competitions, which are up to 1000 yards. It's in 6.5 creedmoor and wears a Steiner scope, but I can't remember the exact model, it's M7... something.

He's thinking about the carbon barrel but for now has not pulled the trigger on that upgrade. It's pretty stock -- stock JP compensator and trigger, too.

He does well in competitions with it, it's not holding him back, that's for sure. He gets his ammo for competition from Atlanta Arms and Ammo.

I'm not nearly the shooter he is at distance, so my review is: the gun is way better than I will ever be. If you do your part, and wind cooperates, the next round is going right where the last one went. I've owned and competed with a JP AR-15 for years, and imo JP is always a good choice -- if they sell it, and you're shopping for it, they should be on your short list.

If you'd like me to ask him any specific question, lmk, he loves to talk rifles and distance shooting.

Top Bottom