• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    My buddy would definitely know how, he's got the Dodge m37 listed on Texas gun trader, you can contact him through that, just tell him that Don sent you to him and he oughta help you.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    The hardest part of setting up a Dana 35 is setting the pre-load on the pinion. Because it uses a crush sleeve it is a one time deal, and if you crush it too much you have to get a new crush sleeve and start over.

My friend who set mine up tells me that there is nothing magical to setting up gears. Alot of people on the internet would probably commit suicide when they found out that most shops that will do a gear change never use a dial indicator on them during the process.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The crush sleeve is a pain. It is very tough to start crushing, and I felt like I was going to strip or break something, so I ended up re-using the old one when I did the gears on my Dana 35. It seemed to work fine. That is a little tip from a total rookie. I have only done two sets, front and rear on an off-road vehicle, so don't take my gear advise too seriously.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Thinking about taking it to texpro 4x4 up there by you dawico my buddy at work knows the owner sean. Says he is a real good mech

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    You don't want to get too crazy with tire size or offroading with a Dana 35. They snap like twigs. Cheapest axle ever installed in a Jeep. They should be ashamed. I'm not cutting down your rig... I love Jeeps. Just FYI.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Got her fixed I have never had a problem breaking axles due to the super 35 kit this is the first time it has broke and it was the pinion not a axle. I also have 456 gears in it and a detroit locker and off road the hell out of it and the kit has withstood some beatings. But as for stock axles yea once you get a 33in tire on there they become pretty brittle especially with a five spd

Top Bottom