• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I’m a long time JEEP driver, owner since the 1970’s. My. current Jeeps are an ‘01 Wrangler Sport & a ‘23 Gladiator Overland. Both bought new from Dealers.

The level of intrusive and DAMNED DANGEROUS electronic gimmicks on the newer JEEPS is way too intrusive.

Devices they consider as “safety’’ enhancements are terribly obnoxious. Looks to me that the Italians have zero concept of WHY we buy JEEPS or what we actually use them for.

My newer ‘23 shut completely down on the highway at 700 miles. It took Dealer some 2 weeks to get it running again.

Currently, I’m actively trying to “restore” my ‘01 for use as a daily driver. It is mechanically sound, with 60,000 miles driven by ME, no abuse & fully Scorpion-coated. Just needs a hard top & full doors.

For instance, if a door is opened in the ‘23, it goes into “auto park” mode and won’t move. I guess the Italians never drive mountain roads, back-up to trailers, check their RFD mailbox, or stop momentarily to hand someone another box of shells.

leVieux

IMG_0538.jpeg

Last edited:

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I remember once, back around '85, I decided to see if I could get up Comanche Hill.
    Was out with wife & son, in my '71 Datsun 510 wagon (with 13" wheels) exploring San Antonio, and seen some dirt bikes attempting to get to the top. So jumped on the GO pedal, and went bounding up the 'Jeep' path.
    About half way up, had to turn off the 'Jeep' path, to go around a stuck Jeep...
    Never had any respect for them after that.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm still happy with what I got. They pretty much worked out all the bugs in the 3.6 Pentastar.
    You mean the minivan engine?
    Lol..just puling your chain..that engine has been in minivan and all sorts of Chrysler vehicles

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The Jeep has become a 'girl car'. Obviously this coincides with Jeep building them as more luxo-cruisers vs. utilitarian vehicles, and the aftermarket supporting the accessorizing. I mean everyone needs a new purse to go with the new heels, right? Jeep isn't stupid, they're in business to make money and offer what the buyers want. The current buyers don't want a Jeep. They want something comfy and pretty they can bolt all kinds of silly things to, all in the name of being unique. Just like everyone else.

Top Bottom