• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    Several with Tacomas have told me they can get 21mpg at highway speeds, 65-75mph.

The Ridgeline was a ground-up design after a large survey of what most Americans actually do with their personal pickups.

That's the bad thing about Nissans. They suck gas like a fat kid swills Mountain Dew. I get 18 mpg no matter what, both City and Highway.

I am currently trying to talk my 83 year-old Dad into buying a Ridgeline because, well, you know. :)

I love those things, but can't afford one right now.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I agree with ya there. I’m of the belief that they’re pushing vehicles to electric only so they can control you easier i the first place. Don’t like what you said on social media? Your car now doesn’t work for 24 hours etc.

As for Jeeps, I’ve always thought the gladiator looked cool but was completely unnecessary. I’ve always wanted a wrangler but could never justify a practical purpose for it except they do pull easily behind a motorhome. That said, my S10 crew cab is much like the Gladiator. Tiny bed with just a bit more interior space. Crappy gas mileage. 5200lb towing capacity though and at least it will tow behind my motorhome if I pull the shaft. But I paid $5k not $40k lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    <>

We have an older well-kept Wrangler and a really nice 2020 4WD Yukon, too.

The Gladiator cost me more that a loaded 4WD full-size GMC, Dodge or Ford. It gets worse mileage than their V8’s and is much, much less comfortable for long trips.

<>
    That's the bad thing about Nissans. They suck gas like a fat kid swills Mountain Dew. I get 18 mpg no matter what, both City and Highway.

I am currently trying to talk my 83 year-old Dad into buying a Ridgeline because, well, you know. :)

I love those things, but can't afford one right now.
    <>

The Ridgeline was a bit less costly than the Gladiator. But “AWD’ vs) 4WD.

”Drives like a Porsche”, vs) like a tank.

Buyer’s remorse. . . . . .

<>

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    <>

I was told that any disabling of the computers would void my warrranty.

We all should be concerned that the information recorded & transmitted will be mined by everyone from the insurance companies to the deep state for use against us all.

This is waaaaay to much “big brother” for me and for many; a threat to LIBERTY.

What say y’all ?

leVieux

<>
    It’s not dissembling a computer, there’s a switch you plug in that allows you to turn off the stop-start and keep it off instead of having to turn it off everytime.

Or remove the battery that powers that system. My wife’s Chrysler Pacifica has that system. The last time that battery died I removed it. You get a notification on the dash that the system is unavailable, that’s it. Runs fine.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Thanks,

My Dealer “Servce Advisor” was a Friend before he went to work there for JEEP. He had put one in his Mom’s car, but told me to try it a while first. It has become a minor aggravation, only. I’m ann old Pilot and have a mental “check-list”: Close door, press brake, start engine, fasten belts, press “off”, engage transmission, & go. I recently learned that if I drive w/o seat belt, even in my own yard, it tattles to Big Bro.

Damned democrats and the environuts !

<>

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    <>

Thanks,

My Dealer “Servce Advisor” was a Friend before he went to work there for JEEP. He had put one in his Mom’s car, but told me to try it a while first. It has become a minor aggravation, only. I’m ann old Pilot and have a mental “check-list”: Close door, press brake, start engine, fasten belts, press “off”, engage transmission, & go. I recently learned that if I drive w/o seat belt, even in my own yard, it tattles to Big Bro.

Damned democrats and the environuts !

<>

They have a "blank" that goes into the seatbelt that makes the system think it's connected - got mine on Amazon. I keep one in my Ram for when I'm off-road. Everybody's happy......

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    The last REAL Jeep was made in 2006.

After Chrysler took over, it simply became an overpriced run of the mill SUV designed by accountants.
    To me, the last real Jeep was the end of the CJ. In 1986, they came out with the YJ and it had rectangular headlights.

aa1.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    They have a "blank" that goes into the seatbelt that makes the system think it's connected - got mine on Amazon. I keep one in my Ram for when I'm off-road. Everybody's happy......
    <>

I grew-up in a Family of PiIots, and have long understood the value of seatbelts’ added safety. When young, before cars came with belts; our local dealer mechanics made fun of. me when I added belts to our vehicles.

Yes, in some off-road activities, like very narrow & rough mountain roads, they could be a hindrance.

I just find the “reporting” of such as unwarranted intrusion of my privacy.

It looks that our government is setting-up for a China-style mechanism of total control over us Citizens; the exact opposite of Constitutional LIBERTY.

<>

mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I had a ’19 Wrangler and loved it. Unfortunately we are retired and a one car family so I had to go with something else. The Wrangler resale value is great. The Fiat takeover just might be the best thing that ever happened to Jeep.
    Regarding the start/stop feature, I just got in the habit of pushing the off button every time I started the vehicle. There are several overrides you can buy that turn it off and leave it off that can be removed when you take the Jeep in for service.

mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    To me, the last real Jeep was the end of the CJ. In 1986, they came out with the YJ and it had rectangular headlights.

View attachment 398092
    Little bit of useless trivia. I don’t think there was an actual 1986 Jeep, CJ or YJ. The Wrangler wasn‘t ready as a 1986 but was availabile as a 1987. I bought a 1987 in like May of 1986. Your post is 100% correct, the Wrangler came out in 1986 as a 1987 model.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Over the years, they have "engineered" the Jeep out of the Jeep. My buddy bought one of the first Gladiators. It rode like a Camry and was as silent as a tomb. You'd never know you were in a Jeep.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    YJ's rock......love my 94 4.0L.....auto w/AC.....12 years.. no complaints....top is off for the summer.........

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The Gladiator is not w/o some merits:

Low “bridge clearance” allows it to use cramped multilevel parking where few other 4WD 2row pickups can go. It will fit into just about all parking spaces.

It has the long-proven JEEP 4WD system.

They have finally fixed the chronic external mirror problems.

Doors & top panels are removable, if that is important to you. (Not to me.)

Driver visibility has been kept.

Many of the plethora of extant JEEP aftermarket mods can be used.

It does just about everything expected of it; just none really well.

Before buying any new vehicle, it is wise to sit and ponder what it will actually be USED FOR.

I see area Chicks, including stylish young Black Girls, driving lifted big-tire JEEPS. In the past, one could assume the vehicles were for boyfriends or Husbands; but no more. They are buying & rigging them for “looks”, it is a fad.

Quien Sabe ?

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom