• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    So I like buying guns and cool shit. Who doesn't? But though I probably could drop my savings on some cool stuff, that would be incredibly stupid of me. Every few days a pile of loose cash accumulates in my wallet, you know, from ballin'-n-shit, and before you know it, I'm at the bank depositing it. But I decided that instead of depositing it all at the ATM, why not take out a few bucks every night and throw it into an ammo can? That damn Chase ATM always rejects some of my bills I try to deposit in there anyways.

So I put together something I like to call my "Fun Fund". I found $17 in coins in my car's cup holder and a small jar of change I had sitting around for a long while. The ATM rejected $10 out of the $85 I tried to deposit today, so I took it and added it to the fun fund as a motivational starter, because starting off with just $17 would be demotivating.

So while I document my fun fund, I'd like suggestions on some cool guns I could buy (I'm 20, so I can't buy new handguns that would be hard to find in private sales). As for how much I'm planning on saving, I'm not sure yet. When it hits around $500, then I'd be more into the gun choosing procedure.

As of right now, I'm severely missing my AKM, so that is a huge possibility. So if you may, please suggest away!

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170-1.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    So while I document my fun fund, I'd like suggestions on some cool guns I could buy (I'm 20, so I can't buy new handguns that would be hard to find in private sales).

I often order pistols that i think i want till i handle them and they end up getting sold still new in the box without seeing the range. And youre not too far from me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If I can make a suggestion...that fund will grow faster and stick around better by buying used guns in excellent condition...I own damned few new guns (that I bought that way), but a buncha ones bought used....I would venture to say the value of my handgun collection alone would exceed the annual income of many on this board - an' they all shoot the same.

Jest sumthin' ta think about from an' ol' country boy.....

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I often order pistols that i think i want till i handle them and they end up getting sold still new in the box without seeing the range. And youre not too far from me.

Ill be browsing when im near a good amount!

If I can make a suggestion...that fund will grow faster and stick around better by buying used guns in excellent condition...I own damned few new guns (that I bought that way), but a buncha ones bought used....I would venture to say the value of my handgun collection alone would exceed the annual income of many on this board - an' they all shoot the same.

Jest sumthin' ta think about from an' ol' country boy.....

I am open to used guns, thats where all the gems are :D And ill save, buy one, save, buy another. Though im probably obbly going to do this for one gun, if i use my hard earbed savings on too many guns my family might get pissed lol.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    I never seem to find these great deals on used guns, except hunting rifles which Im not overly interested in, or mall ninja'd out low end ARs.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    It helps when the shop by my house sells them to me for a few dollars over cost.

Would that be Houston gun forum by any chance? or another place?

And when I said new guns in private sales, I meant something that just came out recently which would be hard to find in private sales.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Started mine a few months ago in a piggy bank an actual piggy bank that I sealed the hole on so I won't be tempted to steal from it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Good going on the savings plan! I bought many motorcycles that way when I was young and have had about 30 of them in my life! The change mounts up quickly and the idea that it's just "Fun" money is neat because you can spend it on non-essentials without raiding your savings.

I'm retired and live on 1/3 of the money I had while working so budgeting is essential. In my current budget, I save money for shooting sports by giving myself $50/week for spending money. Eating out, any expenses for the week, and of course, Church's Chicken come out of that money (groceries and gas come out of a different budget pot). At the end of the week, I put anything left in my "stash" for guns etc and plug in a new $50 for the next week. It encourages me to watch my spending and provides some money to play with. Sometimes, I can stash $30-40 per week!

Incidentally, I hate the rat race banking on Fridays so the end of my week is Wednesday when the banks are deserted.

Flash

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Thanks! so anything in mind? Like I already said, I'm mostly leaning towards an AK, but I want something nicer than a WASR, but not bank breaking nor bad quality. There was nothing wrong with my last WASR, but I want to try something else.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Good going. I do the same thing, sorta. My next handgun (on deck) looks like it's gonna be a CZ75. (unless somebody needs to get rid of a Hi-Power).
    My next rifle(at bat) is gonna be an AR build. It'll be slower but buying parts should create more activity. :)

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    It'll be slower but buying parts should create more activity. :)

Buying parts separately to build something bores me lol. I tried to piece together a vortech blower kit for my stang, but got bored and sold off all the parts I had already accumulated lol.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Nice thing about an AR is that you can radically change it with just some cosmetic adds, or swap an upper an' end up with something totally different.

Yep, but I was able to piece my AR together easily because the parts came in only a few days after each other lol. And I ordered the major parts first (lower, upper)

Top Bottom