Patriot Mobile

It's so good but how do people eat this stuff all the time?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I worked with a guy in the Texas prison system. We all ate lunch together in the ODR (Officers Dining Room). When asked if the menu was good today, Mike always answered "It'll make a turd." Guess that sums up most of the fast food items.

Flash

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Since I retired, I eat breakfast at McD's (love their $1 sausage biscuits!) but never and I mean NEVER eat out. The surprising thing is that I'm healthier, weight is coming down and the money I'm saving is scary. I think back on the working days when I spent $10-15 on a lunch. I can't imagine doing that now! The money we are pissing away on that garbage is absolutely mind blowing and the food is killing us!

Those baked chickens at Walmart are this week's venture. I got one but I HATE white meat so it goes to waste. I completely boned the chicken, mixed the white and dark meat together with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. Added a side dish of fruit and got four meals out of it with plenty to eat!

I take Hamburger Helper, double the meat and add a can of corn, beans and carrots to it. That made 5 meals trading off with the chicken so it doesn't get boring. Sometimes, I'll sprinkle some soy sauce on it. Gonna make spaghetti with a homemade sauce next. I'll put everything but the kitchen sink in the sauce.

The roast chicken works great in fajitas, too.

So...is that cuisine? Hardly but it keeps me going and is super cheap. I always make big pots of stuff so there are plenty of left overs.

Flash
    Sometimes I get on these kicks where I wont eat out. I cook lunch and breakfast at the shop and probably grill some meat in the evening. And yea, you can tell a difference in weight loss and energy.
    I think and the resturants put sleeping pill in the lunch food.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I completely boned the chicken

Perhaps a clarification might be in order. "Boning" here isn't used in the "American Pie" context. In this post, "boning" refers to removing all the meat from the chicken bones. Thanks for calling attention to that screw up........snicker.

Flash

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I completely boned the chicken

Perhaps a clarification might be in order. "Boning" here isn't used in the "American Pie" context. In this post, "boning" refers to removing all the meat from the chicken bones. Thanks for calling attention to that screw up........snicker.

Flash
    Hahaha! Well, ol' Stumpy is - like - twelve or something!

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    My wife and I have been on Weight Watchers for the last 10 weeks, and other than the occasional burger we have effectively cut out all fast food. I want to just keep it that way. I used to have to take like 3 dumps a day because of the way I was eating. Now I am down to 1 normal bowel movement a day unless I eat something heavy on the butter.

Amercans generally do not eat enough fiber anyway and we have been increasing our fiber intake as we go as well.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Now I am down to 1 normal bowel movement a day unless I eat something heavy on the butter.

I noted that, too. I am MUCH less familiar with the "Thunder Bucket" now. Apparently it's like the computer rule- "Garbage in .....Garbage Out."

Flash

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I feel like I wanna shit my pants!
    I think it does that to everyone. Isn't a colon cleansing supposed to be good for you?

Anytime I'm feeling a little backed up I get some take out from this vegetarian Indian place I like. The food is amazing but it runs through me like a bullet train.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I guess I missed the part about the whole Caveman diet. I mean, we all know the effects of eating at Taco Bell. What the hell is a Caveman Diet, though. Why "more restrictive than vegan"? Didn't cavemen kill and eat animals?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I do the Primal/Paleo/Caveman diet thing...
    I was thinking about this some more last night... Sure, we might have evolved eating nuts, berries, and a little lean meat over a few million years, but ever since the Neolithic era we've been drinking beer and eating fried food. Hell, if it weren't for beer we wouldn't even have civilization. You're Paleo diet is going against our evolution of the past several thousand years!

Top Bottom