• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Yep, its that time of the year again. Time for the Remember the Alamo Ballistic Challenge GSSF match at the Blackhawk Range in San Antonio:

http://www.gssfonline.com/schedule_etc/images/Match_Maps/Texas-STX-Map.jpg

and information on registering:

Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

As always you can register at the match. Not a member of the GSSF? register at the match anyways or before through the website and when you get too the match you can enter the new shooter drawing for a free Glock Pistol of you choice.

Every entry gets a chance to win a prize (including a Glock).

I'll be there Saturday and maybe part of Sunday with the Team Alabama Holster guys, I'll be the tall Pear shaped untactical (high drag - low speed) guy in a nasty looking tan La Rue ball cap. I'm shooting 5 guns so I'll be there awhile.

For more info on the GSSF:

Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

Also don't forget, GSSF members are now allowed to get one Glock a year from a participating LE dealer (not all LE dealers participate) for LE prices. This guns come with three mags (full and mid-size only). You also can get free armorer service at the matches, and can sign up to take the Glock Armomor's course (which gets you another 2 certificates for discount Glocks).

All of that for $35/year. Match cost is $25/entry.

As always me and others here will answer question if you are interested in going.

Hope to see some of the TGT folks there. Maybe we can have an informal bragging rights contest for best times at the match.

malladus
    Hurley's Gold

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Anybody got some really cheap 10mm ammo?

Only Glock I have is a 29.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Well with the 29 all you need is:

70 rounds max if you shoot in the major sub divison.

Could shoot in Competition, unlimited, stock, and subcompact as well if you were feeling frisky. But need 110 rounds max for each of those.

As for cheap 10mm, I got some but its lead stuff loaded for a revolver I don't own anymore.

malladus

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    How many mags would I need?

I'll get the local gun pusher to order some Blazer tomorrow. That is about all he has been able to get lately other than the duty type.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Tecnically just 2. The course of fire is easier with 4 though:

3 strings of fire on 5'to GLock and Glock M each
    4 strings of fire on GLock the plates

You don't shoot each stage back to back, so you got time to load between stages. I shoot a 17/34/17L in three entries and have 10 mags for that one, but for my 30 and 26 I have 4 mags plus a 5th 'barney' mag to use to strip a round off as allowed in the rules (10 in the mag+1 in the pipe).

The GSSF is set up though to shoot with just what comes in the box with the gun. The ROs are really good and if you let them know when you get to the line you only have 2 or however many mags someone will always step up and load your extra mag while you are shooting a string.

malladus

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Just got reminded I have to work the gun shop Saturday so it looks like Sunday only for me.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    For everyone who is planning on going, I'm looking for:

(1) Amateur Civilan Stock shooter to round out a team.

(2) Two Master shooters to round out a team.

If your interested there could be some freebies in it for you.

malladus

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Im interested and have a 23 compensated... Im a pretty good shot, but never done anything under pressure?

What is it exactly? Ive never competed or done anything like this but sounds like fun!

Hope I can do this with my new Glock!

24q4n06.jpg

33fbak8.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    errr....I have to go to my wedding shower. Something about being the groom means I have to attend.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Texas Bulldog

Its pretty relaxed shooting with a lot of socializing mixed in. If you come, register early then wander around a little and watch some folks shoot and talk with people. Once you are feeling good about que up to be squaded and have fun.

A big pointer is when you get there, after you register go to each stage and put you name down and the time. You don't have to shoot right them, but when you come back later and check you name and get your score sheet you get a bump in the line ahead of people who signed in after you.

With your 23C you can shoot in:

-Amateur Competition
    -Unlimited

If you have a spare non-compenstated barrel laying around you can drop it in the gun and shoot it in Amateur Stock.

I'll be there first thing Saturday morning to start shooting as soon as they open the bays. I'll be there with my buddy from Alabama and my Father-in law. If you hook up with us we'd be more then happy to help you reload mags while you shoot incase you only come up with another mag or two.

Its a real hoot, and being a new shooter you can register for the new member gun drawing (and put me down as the guy who convinced you to come hint hint) plus you get entered in the random drawing for each entry you shoot.

There is also usually a vendor there saling some mags and stuff.

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    errr....I have to go to my wedding shower. Something about being the groom means I have to attend.

Pffft, you need to put on the man pants, look her and the eye, and tell her "Yes dear I'll go get the ranch dip out of the fridge after I put out the veggie tray."

Well unless its a two day shower you could sneak out the other day. Match runs both saturday and sunday from 9-9:30 to when the last registered shooter is down.

malladus

Top Bottom